AMC Directory Configuration

Any questions? Need some help?
TVjunkie

AMC Directory Configuration

Post by TVjunkie »

So, I'm trying to fit my video library (square peg), into newly installed FileBot/AMC (round hole).

My libraries are located on a a couple of NAS drives, each one with a back-up (semi-auto maintained mirrors). But it's not the backup issue that I'm concerned with. I'm pretty sure that I can address that when everything is working.

My problem is how to get AMC to work with my directory structure with a minimum of pain.

Speaking only of TV shows in this post, it looks to me like AMC expects a structure of:

<common base dir>/TV Shows/Show-Name/Shows

I can easily adjust my structure to:

<common base dir>/GenreGroup/Show-Name/Shows

...or a real example:

\\Library2\Comedy\Hogan's Heroes\Season 02\Hogan's Heroes.S02E07.Hogans Springs.avi

I don't use a lot of Genres, in fact, just 4. Children | Comedy | Drama_and_Reality | SciFi

All shows must fit into one of them. My RSS feeds in utorrent set the Label as one of these Genres for each show.

Is there a way to use the script, with a minimum of change to accomplish this? ...or some other method?

As a second issue, I started playing with the script, and unchanged, I get a message:

FileNotFoundException: c:\data\filebot\lib\htpc.groovy (The system cannot find the path specified)

I see on this forum, that it's related to helper scripts (in Lib, I guess), being looked for in a relative position to the location of my version of amc.groovy. Am I supposed to download the library from somewhere, or is there a place I should be putting my script to make it work?

I'm looking forward to getting this to work. Any help would be appreciated!
rednoah
The Source

Re: AMC Directory Configuration

Post by rednoah »

AMC doesn't expect any sort of input structure. Though if you only have episodes it'd be good to let AMC know that.

All scripts and "libs" (which are also just scripts defining a few functions) are here => http://filebot.net/scripts/

You don't actually say what you want. You mean you want to use the utorrent label as variable for the episode format? Just edit the script a bit and hardcode the utorrent label value into the episode format string.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
TVjunkie

Post by TVjunkie »

Thanks for the libs.

Re #3, well, I'm after the easiest way to use AMC to put TV shows into the correct folder as I outlined previously. In looking at the code, from what I can figure out, it should be possible to change AMC to do it. However, although I've done some programming in the past, I currently can't figure out what it's doing, but with time I should be able to figure it out. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't an easier way already built into the script.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Depends on what you wanna do... though why do you not use a simple -rename call?

Code: Select all

filebot -rename --db thetvdb --format "<your format>" "path/to/episodes"
If you just want to move/rename episodes like in the GUI you don't need the AMC script.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
TVjunkie

Post by TVjunkie »

Smack!! (the sound of a palm hitting a forehead)

Sure sounds like the easiest way to get up and running doesn't it?

Well, at least I learned a lot about FileBot while I was researched this.

A great tool/suite! Thanks again for your help and patience.