No Results for files music files with german "umlaute"

Any questions? Need some help?
akira2012

No Results for files music files with german "umlaute"

Post by akira2012 »

Hello again,

I found another "problem". When I use Filebot for .mp3 it don't gets results for files that has "ä, ü, ö or ß" in its name or the name of the folder they belong to. I know its just an problem that we have here in Germany but perhaps there is a workaround!?!??

TY
rednoah
The Source

Re: No Results for files music files with german "umlaute"

Post by rednoah »

I guess you're on Windows. Try r1955.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
akira2012

Post by akira2012 »

I don't know what you mean with "r1955" but I found a workaround by myself. I made a filelist with filebot --> removed the chars with an editor --> renamed the files using this txt file with filebot. That worked quiet well but also Filebot is great for videos and movies I recognized its not that great for mp3. It work well for audio books but not the "regular" music. The most time it gets nearly all tracks right but there are often one or two tracks that are recognized as other tracks from other artists... (and yes I checked that it was definitly not true =) ). But that doens't bother me at all because there isn't another program that is doing better than this (tried picard --> scary!). Its one of the best programs I know --> FILEBOT RULES! =)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Q: Where can I find the latest beta versions?
A: The latest platform-independent HEAD jar can be found here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/filebo ... ebot/HEAD/

You can update to the latest revision just by replacing the jar.

As for miss-matches I guess Acoustic fingerprint matching isn't an exact science. Or maybe the fingerprint has been associated with the wrong metadata by some idiot.

I think with Picard you may be able to "report false positives" and force/submit the proper ids. Not sure though.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.