Occasionally subs from previuos search are taken

Any questions? Need some help?
thelittleman
Power User

Occasionally subs from previuos search are taken

Post by thelittleman »

Hi there,

first of all thank you very much for this great tool. It's doin me a great job for a long time now.
I got into using it via cli for letting it run on my nas automatically and I ran into a problem there.

I made this little bat:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe" -get-missing-subtitles "I:/Series" -r --lang en --output srt --encoding utf8
"C:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe" -get-missing-subtitles "G:/Series2" -r --lang en --output srt --encoding utf8
"C:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe" -get-missing-subtitles "H:/Movies/_import" -r --lang en --output srt --encoding utf8
"C:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.exe" -get-missing-subtitles "H:/Movies/_import" -r --lang de --output srt --encoding utf8
As you can see there are two series folders, one for me and one for the lady. Then it will get movie subs in english and german.

It will run fine for maybe 80% of the time but repeatedly I will get wrong subs. The funny thing is that I will get a sub which got downloaded before for another episode. Either in this run of the bat or in a previous one.

This will happen for searches just within series1 and for searches with both folders. And it happens for with or without non-strict.
As I read this here in the forums I assumed that it might just be a wrong hash on the second sub. So I got the files from os manually and compared the md5 values in the nfos. I am not sure if this is the way to go but they are not identical. Additionally I will always get a wrong sub which I downloaded before correctly for another episode. Never got on for a series/episode I don't have.

I would be very greatful for any help on this. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if there is a bug or anything...

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Occasionally subs from previuos search are taken

Post by rednoah »

Can u send me the output logs for a call that shows this issue? Not sure how to look into this problem right now.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
pu5htiu

Post by pu5htiu »

I have the same problem if i run filebot on the main series folder in one shot.
I made a script to run it for each tv series separately and this bug was gone.
Unfortunately i use linux, this is my script, u should try the same in windows.

#!/bin/bash
COLL_DIR="/PATH_TO/TV Shows"
IFS=$'\n'
#must go in each movie dir !
for dir in `ls "$COLL_DIR/"`
do
     if [ -d "$COLL_DIR/$dir" ]; then
          filebot -r --output srt --lang ro -get-subtitles "$COLL_DIR/$dir" --encoding 'UTF-8' --conflict skip
          filebot -r --output srt --lang en -get-subtitles "$COLL_DIR/$dir" --encoding 'UTF-8' --conflict skip
     fi
done
pu5htiu

Post by pu5htiu »

this happens when i run it on the whole COLL_DIR in one shot: FileBot 3.8 (r2017)

Get [Romanian] subtitles for 81 files
Looking up subtitles by filehash via OpenSubtitles
Matched [The Blacklist - S01E11 - The Good Samaritan Killer.mp4] to [The Blacklist S01E11] via filehash
Matched [The Blacklist - S01E12 - The Alchemist.mp4] to [The.Blacklist.S01E12.HDTV.x264-LOL] via filehash
Matched [The Blacklist - S01E10 - Anslo Garrick, Part 2.mp4] to [The.Blacklist.S01E10.HDTV.XviD-AFG] via filehash
good matches so far, and the fun begins ...
Searching for [Brain Games, Reign, The Blacklist, The IT Crowd, Компьютерщики, Царство, Чёрный список] at [OpenSubtitles]
Matched [Brain Games - S03E03 - Trust Me.mkv] to [The.IT.Crowd.S03E03.WS.PDTV.XviD-RiVER.[VTV]] via filename
Matched [Brain Games - S03E02 - Laws of Attraction.mkv] to [The.IT.Crowd.S03E02.ws.pdtv.xvid-organic] via filename
Matched [Brain Games - S03E03 - Trust Me.mp4] to [The.IT.Crowd.S03E03.HQDVDRip.XviD.AC3-ELiTE-rum] via filename
Matched [Brain Games - S03E01 - In Living Color.mp4] to [301] via filename
Matched [Brain Games - S03E01 - In Living Color.mkv] to [the.it.crowd.s03e01.ws.pdtv.xvid-river] via filename
Matched [The IT Crowd - S04E01 - Jen the Fredo.mp4] to [the.it.crowd.s04e01.ws.pdtv.xvid-river] via filename
Matched [The IT Crowd - S04E02 - The Final Countdown.mp4] to [The.IT.Crowd.S04E02.WS.PDTV.XviD-RiVER] via filename
Matched [The IT Crowd - S04E04 - Italian for Beginners.mp4] to [The.IT.Crowd.S04E04.WS.PDTV.XviD-CaRaT.[VTV]] via filename
Matched [The IT Crowd - S04E03 - Something Happened.mp4] to [the.it.crowd.s04e03.ws.pdtv.xvid-river] via filename
Matched [The IT Crowd - S04E06 - Reynholm vs. Reynholm.mp4] to [The_IT_Crowd.4x06.Reynholm_V_Reynholm.REPACK.WS_PDTV_XviD-FoV.[VTV]] via filename
Matched [The IT Crowd - S04E05 - Bad Boys.mp4] to [the.it.crowd.s04e05.dvdrip.xvid-haggis] via filename
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Have a script do it folder by folder, or even file by file if files things are not organized well.

e.g.

filebot -script fn:suball "$COLL_DIR/$dir" --lang ro ...
PS: You can try r2020 which may work much better for these kinda cases (since it forces folder-by-folder-series-by-series processing internally)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.