Filebot 3.8x64 insufficient privileges while installing

Any questions? Need some help?
Reaper1242

Filebot 3.8x64 insufficient privileges while installing

Post by Reaper1242 »

EDIT: I found a fix and have left this here in case anyone else comes across the issue.

So today I went to install the update. During the process, while creating shortcuts I get a message saying that the installer has insufficient privileges to access the directory: ....\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Filebot. I aborted the install since I had no other choice but now FileBot has been uninstalled during the process.

No matter what I do I can't seem to change permissions. It simply says "Unable to display current owner." I have tried to change ownership to "Everyone" but it won't allow ownership change. Of course, I can't rename or delete the file either. Even trying to open the directory renders an "Access is denied"

I'm sure it's a simple fix but I'm drawing a blank. And help would be appreciated.

Solution: I got to thinking that since I can't access the folder it seems that it was partially deleted during FileBot update. I guessed that some other process was locking it. Anyway, I ran Unlocker on the folder. It seems that Launchy was locking it. Looks like it was being deleted during indexing. Doing this managed to unlock and delete the folder.
Installation then went smoothly.
Ithiel
Power² User

Re: Filebot 3.8x64 insufficient privileges while installing

Post by Ithiel »

Thanks for the suggestion.

Did this happen in Windows 7 or 8?
There can be only one Power² User