Freebase lookups? TMDB account login? IMDB or TMDB number?

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
srkinard
Donor

Freebase lookups? TMDB account login? IMDB or TMDB number?

Post by srkinard »

Sometimes with Plex I can only get a match from Freebase...so it would be nice if Filebot could also add that into the lookup scheme. Not often, but it happens.

Also, some movies tagged as Adult will not show up in a TMDB lookup using the web interface unless you are logged in and have the option to show Adult labels checked. Some of the 70s grindhouse/exploitation movies I have in my library would only show up that way...but to FileBot they still don't show up.

This also brings me to another request...just a GUI enhancement that should leverage all the existing code already in the program.

When you look up a movie it cannot find, you can enter the title to search for. Sometimes this allows it to locate the info, but I have actually copied & pasted the found title from TMDB into the FileBot search and it still will never connect the two. If we could enter the exact TMDB, TVDB or IMDB number instead of the Title then a search becomes unnecessary since you just gave it the exact match.

Another function that would be cool is if it doesn't find a TMDB match, that it automatically tries IMDB or Freebase for a match also...and in the match popup you could have a small indicator that shows the source of the matches just like the ones in the Search selector.

I slapped together 2 mockups of how it might look

Just a thought...