Filebot tv series matching + nfos?

Any questions? Need some help?
pfeerick

Filebot tv series matching + nfos?

Post by pfeerick »

Hi,

So here goes the stupid question... haven't been able to work this out yet even after trawling through the forums for stuff on NFO + tv show matching. Now I'm just :?

I recently used the 'artwork.tvdb.groovy' script available here on the forum, so now have banner art and a XMBC compatible 'tvshow.nfo' file in each TV series folder. Is there any 'simple' :shock: way to make Filebot use the nfo file to aid in matching TV series when using the GUI... or even the CLI? Was hoping to remove nags such as ones for, say, Revenge, when it decides that 'Revenge (2011)' is not a good enough match on TheTVDB.

Cheers,
Pete
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot tv series matching + nfos?

Post by rednoah »

Screenshots or Logs?

PS: It does check all the .nfo files, and if there's multiple options, then the option that was read from the .nfo file will always be the first one.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
pfeerick

Post by pfeerick »

Sorry for the delay in responding...

Process:
1) Drag file into Filebot
2) Right click 'Match' and choose TV Series > TheTVDB
3) Receive prompt for correct TV series name - in this case, the first (and highlighted) entry is the correct one.
4) Correctly matches and ready to 'Rename'

Folder info:
* Folder named 'Revenge (2011)'
* contains xmbc image art and tvshow.nfo
* All of series 1, 2 and 3 in the folder - no subfolders
* Episode naming format: '{s00e00}. {t}'

Any more info you need? Am I doing something wrong? Does using the CLI process anything differently?

Thanks,
Pete
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This is expected behavior. Thanks to the .nfo files in the folder you can trust that the 1st result is always the correct result. If you use the CLI with -non-strict then this 1st result will always be be auto-selected.
pfeerick

Post by pfeerick »

Ok, that makes sense. And seems to do that... mostly.

So, when trying out on another folder ('Battlestar Galactica (2003)'), the GUI first searches/matches 'Battlestar Galactica (2003)', and prompts a second time... but this time the match search is for 'Battlestar Galactica'. Normal? I select 'Battlestar Galactica (2013)' at the second prompt and seems to match/work fine.

Also, in the tvshows.nfo, I presume it's using the below line to identify the show? If so, does it use the ID or the url? As the output from the artwork groovy script was giving a slightly incorrect URL (added amp; in front of id in the url)

<tvdb id='73545'>http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=73545</tvdb>

Line from original nfo created by groovy script:
<tvdb id='73545'>http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&[u]amp;[/u]id=73545</tvdb>

Have attached one or two more screenshots.

Forum won't let me attach the nfo (or as a log or txt)... so uploaded here...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/190356/tvshow.nfo

Realised it would probably help if I mentioned I am running v4 of filebot, on both Win8 x64 and Win7 x86. :)

Pete
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Doesn't matter. Just always click the first one and it'll still work. Even if it happens to also consider episode data of the old series it'll still always match the correct one.

More importantly, why are you renaming files that have already been renamed?
pfeerick

Post by pfeerick »

In this particular case, they had just been renamed, and I just re-ran the match process to capture the screenshots - as the behaviour didn't change. I was just wondering in this case why the series match selection dialog came up twice in a row (i.e. right click match - > TheTVDB, select from shows matching 'battlestar galactica', select from shows matching 'battlestar galactica (2013), finished) ... is that second prompt linked to the nfo file being present?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, it'll come up with different options [Battlestar Galactica; Battlestar Galactica (2013); Battlestar] through various approaches. All these result in possibly multiple options, and it can't know in advance which one might yield the correct result.

The most important thing for matching is that the correct options are considered at all, even if there's lots of bad options it'll still be able to home in on the correct one. But if the correct one is not part of the options it'll get it wrong, and doesn't even know. So in the query-phase it'll have to consider everything that is remotely a possibility, cause in many cases the correct match isn't necessarily the most obvious, some of that due to look-up issues.

Suffice to say it's complicated. ;)

PS: Try r2138 and make sure you go xattr enabled. That should be reliable solution for the special case where everything has already been organized with filebot.
pfeerick

Post by pfeerick »

rednoah wrote: Suffice to say it's complicated. ;)
Of that I have no doubt!

I'll try the new release and let you know how that goes...