How to rename disc files?

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
Biff

How to rename disc files?

Post by Biff »

How can I rename files with the extension .disc?
Newest portable, stable FileBot, Windows 10 Home, 64bit
rednoah
The Source

Re: How to rename disc files?

Post by rednoah »

Can't.

Write a detailed description what .disc files are, what they look like, examples etc and I may add support.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Biff

Post by Biff »

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

These "media stubs" seem pretty stupid to me. What's the point of organizing files you don't have?
Biff

Post by Biff »

Thank you rednoah.

Oops, well, actually you do have (or of course you can do whatever you want with the disc files, may be you are a movie / series fan and just want the information of the newes movies etc. be stored like your existing movies) the movies on e.g. DVD, Blu-Ray, VHS or how ever. And if you want these movies to be scraped (like I want) like the ones being real on your drive you can use the disc files. And when you click a disc file in XBMC a message appears, saying something like "Please insert the DVD".

Wyh do you mean that is stupid?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

But there is nothing to be scraped. The file doesn't exist in your library, so it can't be played, so there is no point in displaying it. Here I have a whole collection of 18k movies and tv shows, with a total size of exactly 0 byte. The only reason that's not stupid is because I use that for testing.

Plus these files have to be created manually anyway, might as well do it with the proper information. You can trick filebot into processing .disk files by adding an .avi extension temporarily. I don't intent to make filebot think that .disk files are video files when they're not.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Sorry, I do not quite understand.
But there is nothing to be scraped.
Why do you think think that? The movie / series data are scraped the normal way with disc files like it is with avi, mkv.
The file doesn't exist in your library, so it can't be played, so there is no point in displaying it.
Sorry, I do not understand at all. The movie exists on your DVD, Blu-Ray or whatever. A message appears, to insert the DVD or whatever (or whatever you like).
so there is no point in displaying it.
Oops, very strange, you want to know you have the movie on DVD, you want the movie information. Why not displaying that?
Plus these files have to be created manually anyway
I would not say so, why not use a program doing it?
I don't intent to make filebot think that .disk files are video files when they're not.
I understand, thank you anyway for considering.