Sent.
[FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
-
elguapodahl
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 11 Feb 2019, 03:03
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting to send a PM about this license topic. Thanks.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Requesting assist via PM
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Sending PM with payment info.
-
obscuriosity
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 12 Apr 2019, 16:40
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
posting for PM access
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
rednoah wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 07:53 Please PM me the following details:
- Name
- Gmail address
- Windows Store / Mac App Store proof of purchase (PNG or PDF shared via Google Drive)
-
Cleverness
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 20 Apr 2019, 05:54
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting to be able to PM
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
PM will be out shortly... Thank you.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
PMing in a bit. Thanks.
-
digitalhybrid
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 10 May 2019, 10:14
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting to send a PM about this topic.
-
nebulous87
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 14 Jun 2019, 18:36
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
You don't have a universal license:nebulous87 wrote:14 Jun 2019, 18:52 I purchased the app on the Apple Store at full price for use in perpetuity. I have just redownloaded and am now locked out. Can I have a full licence please?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6265
You do have a Mac App Store purchase. You can re-install via the Mac App Store anytime, as long as you're logged in with your Apple account. No license required at any point.
The Mac App Store edition is distinct from the traditional edition that can be downloaded on the homepage:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5983
-
eggsplorer
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 21 Jun 2019, 23:05
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Thanks for this post. Exactly what I was curious about.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting 1 2 3
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
I'll send a PM as soon as the forum allows. I've just registered:-}
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
thx for help 
-
cjaycalhoun
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 04 Sep 2019, 19:03
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting to PM
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Hi. Just posting to hopefully be able to PM you about the issue since I also was stupid enough to buy MAS instead of Universal (totally my own fault).
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
This is a very nice thing to do, thank you.
-
ghostserverd
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 15 Nov 2019, 06:25
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
posting for PM purposes
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting publicly
-
wildbuffalo
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 19 Nov 2019, 01:23
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
posting something
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting something
-
mephisto3333
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 18:58
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Post to send PM
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
wait .. so if i paid $62 aud for the MAS version, i only get one year free for the CLI?! can we not have a command line version as part of the microsoft or Mac Store copy? it would be lovely... or a way to generate a .psm file from our Apple or MS version so it can be used in scripting as has been great for many years--i only bought the Mac version to show my support for your excellent work; what has changed recently?
i would appreciate either a psm file, CLI option or another solution vs trying to get credit from Apple for a purchase or chasing after old things vs just including the CLI app into the Mac or MS or another option--eg a watched Folder could achieve things if we had a headless Mac GUI server as many people run and we do not want to be using finder/mac apps vs SSH in and remote control or auto scripting these things.. thanks
awaiting a good solution, btw must disclose: am in Australia with Australian Consumer Protection agencies..
i would appreciate either a psm file, CLI option or another solution vs trying to get credit from Apple for a purchase or chasing after old things vs just including the CLI app into the Mac or MS or another option--eg a watched Folder could achieve things if we had a headless Mac GUI server as many people run and we do not want to be using finder/mac apps vs SSH in and remote control or auto scripting these things.. thanks
awaiting a good solution, btw must disclose: am in Australia with Australian Consumer Protection agencies..
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Microsoft Store, yes you can. Microsoft does support command-line tools in the Microsoft Store. At this point in time, the Microsoft Store edition has no limitations, other than that it's bound to the Microsoft Store which in turn is only available for Windows 10.stirlobe wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 07:24 can we not have a command line version as part of the Microsoft or Mac Store copy?
Mac App Store, unfortunately, no you can't. Apple imposes many technical and legal limitations, no functional command-line tools due to sandboxing requirements, no subtitles due to legal grey area on how movie copy right low relates to subtitles, etc.
Microsoft and Apple protect your privacy. That means that developers don't know any customer information whatsoever, which makes it impossible to contact customers, or verify customer claims, etc. Microsoft and Apple can verify your purchase, but I cannot, by design.
Due to popular demand, and general dismay with the Mac App Store / Microsoft Store by both end users and developers, FileBot has built it's own universal license system, which was introduced around June 2018, as an independent alternative to platform stores.
You are very welcome and encouraged to disclose your dismay with Apple / Mac App Store and the Microsoft / Windows Store if you're unhappy with their service, especially their abysmal refund policies, which AFAIK are particularly hostile outside of the EU.stirlobe wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 07:24 btw must disclose: am in Australia with Australian Consumer Protection agencies..
EDIT:
Note that issuing 1 year complimentary licenses takes me ~5 seconds, while writing lengthy replies takes significantly longer. Just PM me name / email and you're good for a year. If you still feel morally wronged a year later, ask for a new 1 year complimentary license, chances are, I'll issue another one just to give you some peace of mind, and save some time on my end.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
thanks for the quick response--ok good idea...
first I will try to get the refund or credit back from Apple, then I will buy the lifetime license as I just have too many yearly things to track now and I inevitably forget and end up with broken dependencies or other things which just upset workflows or other automated systems...
I will purchase the license through your store after and use the GUI until then for anything which needs renaming...
cheers!
Stirlo
P.S. keep making good software--and also--all these stores are actually making things harder for developers And customers both; most want to reward or pay for good software and when you are only getting a small cut of it or they take percents Then impose ridiculous rules upon things it gets a bit customer/user hostile.. a shame as the Mac App Store seems to be ok in spite of all the shortcomings and (well minded) sandboxing issues.. so annoying!
(addendum quick poll: how many copies of GTA have you bought on various systems? I think im up to about average 5~ for PS, PSN, PSP, PS4, iOS and Mac/Steam too right now.. Not ideal!)
first I will try to get the refund or credit back from Apple, then I will buy the lifetime license as I just have too many yearly things to track now and I inevitably forget and end up with broken dependencies or other things which just upset workflows or other automated systems...
I will purchase the license through your store after and use the GUI until then for anything which needs renaming...
cheers!
Stirlo
P.S. keep making good software--and also--all these stores are actually making things harder for developers And customers both; most want to reward or pay for good software and when you are only getting a small cut of it or they take percents Then impose ridiculous rules upon things it gets a bit customer/user hostile.. a shame as the Mac App Store seems to be ok in spite of all the shortcomings and (well minded) sandboxing issues.. so annoying!
(addendum quick poll: how many copies of GTA have you bought on various systems? I think im up to about average 5~ for PS, PSN, PSP, PS4, iOS and Mac/Steam too right now.. Not ideal!)
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
There's always pros and cons. And I personally like how easy it is to purchase something, when you're already logged in with payment methods already pre-set, then it literally comes down to pressing one button in the Store, plus there's lots of tech-illiterates (i.e. definitely not FileBot users) who can now purchase software easily, unfortunately within the constraints arbitrarily imposed by some tech company.
It's not all bad, but if they would just let developers issue refunds, that would make life so much easier for everyone. There's probably some stupid non-tech reason for categorically separating users from developers...
I'm quite happy I managed to get away from Store fronts. I think everyone is much happier with things as they are now, but the transition is understandably painful for existing users that have bought into the Store. Because it's all nice and dandy, until you realize wanna run it on a Linux server a year later, or you switch to Windows, etc. I too would expect my purchases to follow me wherever I go, regardless of platform, or country of residence.
PS: So I'm not a GTA fan... it's too time intensive... I probably have purchased Sonic 1 on at least 7 different platforms though, now that I think about it. I'm a sucker for nostalgia.
It's not all bad, but if they would just let developers issue refunds, that would make life so much easier for everyone. There's probably some stupid non-tech reason for categorically separating users from developers...
I'm quite happy I managed to get away from Store fronts. I think everyone is much happier with things as they are now, but the transition is understandably painful for existing users that have bought into the Store. Because it's all nice and dandy, until you realize wanna run it on a Linux server a year later, or you switch to Windows, etc. I too would expect my purchases to follow me wherever I go, regardless of platform, or country of residence.
PS: So I'm not a GTA fan... it's too time intensive... I probably have purchased Sonic 1 on at least 7 different platforms though, now that I think about it. I'm a sucker for nostalgia.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Purchased on MS store some time ago to support, when CLI were supported by donations / "free", PM for complimentary.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Sent.servierer wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 01:51 Purchased on MS store some time ago to support, when CLI were supported by donations / "free", PM for complimentary.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Sadly i am also affected with the magnificent microsoft support..
Will be sending a PM shortly
Thank the lord for the filebot support!
Will be sending a PM shortly
Thank the lord for the filebot support!
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Something public
-
Arcadejunkie
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 13 Jan 2020, 08:43
-
TheSupremeLeader
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 13 Jan 2020, 18:04
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting to so I can PM.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Complimentary license sent.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Sending now.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Sending MAS licenses via PM...
-
Shinobi326
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 22 Feb 2020, 16:43
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
posting to be able to request this
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
The quick brown fox requested a license for the lazy Plex.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting to PM
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
I purchased through the Microsoft Store and would like to grab a key. Thanks!
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Post to send PM
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting to PM
-
jmdollison
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 01 Apr 2020, 12:02
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
No PM received.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
pm for windows store
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
sending you a pm
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting for PM permissions 
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting for PM permission.
-
bishopmarty
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 11 Apr 2020, 17:55
-
mrgreeneyes
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 16 Apr 2020, 12:53
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
i also need a downgrade my MAS version to a previous version.
-
tejasgadhia
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 20 Apr 2020, 18:49
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting to send a PM about this topic. Thanks.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
I need an older version for my MacOS 10.11.6
An Appstore-Update send me a non-functionable Version of FileBot 
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Oligoboli wrote: 29 Apr 2020, 06:38 I need an older version for my MacOS 10.11.6An Appstore-Update send me a non-functionable Version of FileBot
![]()
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Replying to be able to PM
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Hi I purchased through Microsoft Store too and would like a complimentary 1 year licence please.
I've sent a PM already
I've sent a PM already
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
That's great thank you very much.
I'll be buying the lifetime version when this runs out.
I'll be buying the lifetime version when this runs out.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Post for PM.
-
xxredxpandaxx
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 09 Jul 2020, 18:06
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting so I can send a pm.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Post for PM. =))
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Hello je vais envoyez un MP maintenant
Super App.
A plus
Super App.
A plus
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting to request the license.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
PM Sent. Thanks!
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Post to be able to PM.
-
aaronmoody
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 13 Sep 2020, 02:18
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
I purchased through the Microsoft Store and would like to grab a key. please
-
dasquad313
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 19 Sep 2020, 18:32
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting for a PM, Purchase via Microsoft store
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
posting for a pm
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Thanks for your support & congrats for this fantastic app!!!
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting to send a PM about this topic. Thanks.
-
kingwoftam
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 02 Nov 2020, 07:44
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Glad I stumbled across this - was wondering why things weren't working on my new MacBook. Posting so I can send a PM.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Something on this thread.
Sending PM for license.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
to send a pm
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Posting to send a PM. Thanks.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
I have had issues in installing the Microsoft Store version which I bought back in '17. Seeing this, and perhaps getting to try it for once on my unRAID server would be nice. Hi btw.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Cheers. You've got mail.
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Hi there, this is a fabulous piece of code and I have been using this since 2015. I just pulled out my Synology DS214play out of the dusty drawer again and would like to see if I can still revive it along with my precious old media.
I would appreciate a complimentary license to properly organize my media, please!
I would appreciate a complimentary license to properly organize my media, please!
-
keithgustum
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 12 Jan 2021, 18:09
-
josharmour
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 13 Jan 2021, 19:13
Re: [FAQ] How to request a complimentary license?
Bummer I'm seeing this 13 days after the cutoff and would love to use my license on Docker/Ubuntu instead of windows 10 