detecting multi episodes?!?!

Any questions? Need some help?
blacksabbath247

detecting multi episodes?!?!

Post by blacksabbath247 » 11 Sep 2019, 16:16

Gonna try to make this short. Basically my shows from before I used plex are formatted in a way that filebot cant completely detect when Multi episode files come into play, also my Animanics download which seems named pretty clean also cant be detected as multi episodes. I really dont wanna ask to be spoon fed here but am pretty tired of tryna figure out why my filebot wont match up the names. I am truly at my wits end and will need more time to learn Groovy code as I am not familiar with coding.

-The format my Animaniacs came in - "Animaniacs - S01E01 - De-Zanitized. The Monkey Song & Nighty-Night Toon.avi"

-My format for Ed Edd n Eddy - "8 - Fool on the Ed ~ A Boy And His Ed"

-Really need my shows to be in this format "The Berenstain Bears - S04E17-E18 - Bears For All Seasons, Grow It" so my plex can detect it

1.This Pre-proccess code ALMOST solves my problem as it detecs about half of the epsiodes and names them correctly - {episodelist.findAll{ fn =~ it.title }.join(' & ')}

2. This code was given to me by another user on another website and was said to to be used for his Multi Episode needs.I believe the "~" used in my format stops the code from detecting my episodes. I really dont know why it doesnt work for animaniacs
{n}
- {episode.special ? "00x"+special.pad(2) : s.pad(2)+"x"+episodes*.episode*.pad(2).join("-"+s.pad(2)+"x")}
- {t}

rednoah
The Source

Re: detecting multi episodes?!?!

Post by rednoah » 11 Sep 2019, 17:45

Let's look at auto-detection and formatting separately.

Multi-Episode detection based on episode titles is not supported.

This pre-processing step simply relies on checking the file name against each episode title in the format to come up with a new file name:

Code: Select all

{episodelist.findAll{ fn =~ it.title }.join(' & ')}
:idea: Notably, this format completely ignores anything that FileBot auto-detection may have come up with (except for the series, which is used for episodelist). It's a hack.

Assuming that FileBot has correctly auto-detected a multi-episode, bindings such as {sxe} or {s00e00} or {plex} will work correctly out of the box.

e.g.

X:/Media/{plex}
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.

kim
Power User

Post by kim » 11 Sep 2019, 19:57

it looks like your files are made so Multi-Episode <=> same airdate...
so maybe you can use the airdate from e.g. episodelist

e.g. Animaniacs - S01E01 - De-Zanitized. The Monkey Song & Nighty-Night Toon
S01E01 = 'same date' then find all with 'same date'

kim
Power User

Post by kim » 11 Sep 2019, 20:14

something like this

{n}{' - S' + s.pad(2) + episodelist.findAll{ airdate == it.airdate }.collect{'E' + it.episode.pad(2) }.join('-') + ' - ' + episodelist.findAll{ airdate == it.airdate }.collect{it.title }.join(' & ') }
output:
Animaniacs - S01E01-E02-E03 - De-Zanitized & The Monkey Song & Nighty-Night Toon

kim
Power User

Post by kim » 11 Sep 2019, 22:52

or version 2:

{n}{def fileSet = episodelist.findAll{ airdate == it.airdate }; ' - S' + s.pad(2) + 'E' + fileSet.episode.min().pad(2) + '-E' + fileSet.episode.max().pad(2) + ' - ' + fileSet.title.join(' & ') }
Animaniacs - S01E01-E03 - De-Zanitized & The Monkey Song & Nighty-Night Toon

blacksabbath247

Post by blacksabbath247 » 12 Sep 2019, 07:37

kim wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 22:52
or version 2:

{n}{def fileSet = episodelist.findAll{ airdate == it.airdate }; ' - S' + s.pad(2) + 'E' + fileSet.episode.min().pad(2) + '-E' + fileSet.episode.max().pad(2) + ' - ' + fileSet.title.join(' & ') }
Animaniacs - S01E01-E03 - De-Zanitized & The Monkey Song & Nighty-Night Toon
Awesome let me try the code out and ill get back to you, was busy today... Thanks alot for taking the time to help, I really appreciate it guys. Im really excited to try this new code out!!!