Altering -Rename's Ignored Extensions

Any questions? Need some help?
TVjunkie

Altering -Rename's Ignored Extensions

Post by TVjunkie »

Hi. I've been able to get FileBot, combined with an AutoHotKey script to completely automate my TV show downloading.

The bulk of the work is done in the -Rename command, which does a great job!

I've just noticed, though, that when .NFO files exist, FileBot also copies them into the destination folder. Is there a way that I can alter the list of file-types to be processed so that .NFO's are also ignored?

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Altering -Rename's Ignored Extensions

Post by rednoah »

FileBot processes the files you pass in. You're just passing in the folder, so filebot takes all contents as input, instead you can pass in a specific set of files

Code: Select all

filebot -rename file1.mp4 file2.mp4
The shell would normally expand wildcards like *.mp4 like this.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
TVjunkie

Post by TVjunkie »

Thanks for your reply.

I'm still unclear. The input file information is being provided by uTorrent.

So, the input could either be a folder, or a file, depending on the torrent. FileBot handles that automatically, but from a syntax perspective, how can I specify that I only want *.mp4, *.avi, or *.mkv files within the provided folder.

I saw the "Ext" binding name listed, but I don't know if that's what it's for, or how I would use it.

Suggestions please? Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No, the program that calls filebot is responsible for passing the correct arguments.

This should illustrate my point:
http://snag.gy/plazI.jpg

When you type *.avi in the shell, it does not pass in 1 single argument "*.avi" but *.avi will be expanded to multiple file arguments, as if you passed in multiple paths.

What you need to do is to look into AutoHotKey and how to pass in only the files you want like you can do from cmdline. It probably boils down to calling filebot with Windows CMD and passing in arguments like I've shown you in the above.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
TVjunkie

Post by TVjunkie »

Ok. Thanks for the explanation!