TV show names fail can I use tv show id

Any questions? Need some help?
nytram

TV show names fail can I use tv show id

Post by nytram »

Hi

I have been using filebot with transmission on an XBMCbuntu machine for 2 years now I think filebot is the best, I was recently hit by a car leaving me somewhat broken and with way to much time on my hands. Which is the reason I am now posing the question below :D .

I have had a couple of issues with filebot choosing the wrong show.

Having trolled the code I did notice that the show id is pulled from the TVDB site, is there a way
I can have a cvs/xml file with show name / show id, filebot could then use this as an extra resource to ensure the correct show is returned?

Alternatively can filebot search using the show id eg filebot --search-id="123455" I could then write a script to search the xml file if it gets a match it tells filebot to search via id

Currently a search for "The Bridge US" give two results neither of which is correct see below.

filebot -script fn:amc "/3t/Downloads/completed/" --output "/3t/" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict
Locking /3t/.filebot/logs/amc.log
Argument: /3t/Downloads/completed
Input: /3t/Downloads/completed/The.Bridge.US.S01E12.HDTV.x264-ASAP.mp4
Input: /3t/Downloads/completed/The.Bridge.US.S01E13.HDTV.x264-2HD.mp4
Group: [tvs:The Bridge US] => [The.Bridge.US.S01E12.HDTV.x264-ASAP.mp4, The.Bridge.US.S01E13.HDTV.x264-2HD.mp4]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [The Bridge US]
Fetching episode data for [The Bridge]
Fetching episode data for [The Bridge (2013)]
[COPY] Rename [/3t/Downloads/completed/The.Bridge.US.S01E12.HDTV.x264-ASAP.mp4] to [/3t/TV Shows/The Bridge/Season 01/The Bridge - S01E12 - Voices Carry.mp4]
[COPY] Rename [/3t/Downloads/completed/The.Bridge.US.S01E13.HDTV.x264-2HD.mp4] to [/3t/TV Shows/The Bridge (2013)/Season 01/The Bridge (2013) - S01E13 - The Crazy Place.mp4]
Processed 2 files
Done ã¾(ï¼ âã¼âï¼ )ã

Having filebot check against an ID would solve this problem.

At least its a thought if not can you let me know who to fix The Bridge US.

Thanks
Martyn
Ithiel
Power² User

Re: TV show names fail can I use tv show id

Post by Ithiel »

Hi Martyn,

Sorry to hear about the car crash. Having also come off second best in similar tests of physics, I can fully sympathise >.<

I'm not sure about searching via the ID (hopefully rednoah can give us an official word on that one), you might be able to work around the issue using the manual search option in the GUI. Simple hold down the shift key while pressing the database from the list you want to search (i.e. while clicking theTVDB or whatever) and a box will come up asking you to confirm what it is you want it to try and match.

Let us know if that helps :-)
There can be only one Power² User
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What's the correct primary title in TheTVDB then? Can you make it work via --q?

PS: Lookup by ID is not supported.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nytram

Post by nytram »

Hi

It appears the thetvdb has changed the name from "The Bridge US" to "The Bridge" which it is adding extra folders eg I have episode 1- 11 in "The Bridge (US)" now I have 12 going to "The Bridge" and 13 going to "The Bridge (2013)" painful however not a huge problem.

I note in your source code that the seriesId is found would you mind if I attempt to add the ability to match the id console only for my own purposes.

Thanks Martyn
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sure, internally it always tries to resolve the query to some sort of id, but i don't intend to add special syntax handling to all datasources.

You could do some "id:1234" query and then modify each datasource in the search function to handle that differently. Seems like a hack though. :P
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nytram

Post by nytram »

Hi

If I am going to spend time on it. I will do it properly I hate hacks will take some time normally program in C java is new but at the same time familiar.

Martyn