[FAQ] UI is glitching? FileBot crashes on startup? FileBot does not work over RDP?

Support for Windows users
rednoah
The Source

[FAQ] UI is glitching? FileBot crashes on startup? FileBot does not work over RDP?

Post by rednoah »

Q: UI is glitching. FileBot crashes on startup. What's wrong?
Graphics glitching all over? FileBot not working via remote desktop (RDP)? You may need to tell Java Swing to turn off Direct3D rendering:

batch: Select all

setx J2D_D3D false
Are you using ZoneAlarm or MSI Afterburner or RivaTuner? Any 3rd party software that interferes with Windows internals (e.g. filesystem, registry, Direct3D render pipeline, etc) can cause applications to crash.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
FINtastic

Re: [FAQ] UI is glitching? FileBot crashes on startup? FileBot does not work over RDP?

Post by FINtastic »

Hello,

I have set this variable and am still encountering a FileBot crash as soon as the application launches. I can run the portable app without issue, but the installed version crashes every time I launch it without any errors.

Is there something else I have to do because running the setx command?
rednoah
The Source

Re: [FAQ] UI is glitching? FileBot crashes on startup? FileBot does not work over RDP?

Post by rednoah »

What does the console output say when you launch from the command-line? Are you using RDP? Do you have any 3rd party software installed that might interfere with Windows internals?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.