Web interface for Filebot

Any questions? Need some help?
trigger2k20

Web interface for Filebot

Post by trigger2k20 »

Hi,
as a desktop user i would like to use File bot on my Rasberry Pi4 and use a Web interface for processing files. I learned there is Web interface but this only for NAS, am i correct ? I know i can use filebot on desktop with connected drives but i like to avoid the due to bandwith issues.

Thanks for guidance !
rednoah
The Source

Re: Web interface for Filebot

Post by rednoah »

trigger2k20 wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 15:06 as a desktop user i would like to use File bot on my Rasberry Pi4 and use a Web interface for processing files. I learned there is Web interface but this only for NAS, am i correct ?
:idea: You can run the FileBot Node service on any Linux device, and not just Linux-based NAS devices.

:idea: You can run the FileBot Desktop application remotely with Xpra or any other generic remote Desktop solution, RDP, VNC, etc.

:arrow: All of the solutions above are available as docker container:
https://www.filebot.net/linux/docker.html

trigger2k20 wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 15:06 I know i can use filebot on desktop with connected drives but i like to avoid the due to bandwith issues.
:?: Why would you have bandwidth issues? Renaming files (i.e. sending rename commands to the SMB server) does not require any bandwidth.

:idea: FileBot may read media file headers (i.e. a few MB per file; not the entire file) but you can disable that. See Optimizations for Remote File Systems for details.

:arrow: Personally, I'd add the network share as network drive and then use the FileBot Desktop application as usual. Have you tried this? What issues did you run into?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
trigger2k20

Post by trigger2k20 »

Thanks rednoah,
thanks for the answers ! I will consider use filebot on desktop with connected drives, i have the fear if i use shared drives what happens when the connections drops while renaming a lot of files ?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

trigger2k20 wrote: 21 Jun 2023, 15:55 i have the fear if i use shared drives what happens when the connections drops while renaming a lot of files ?
If you can stream video for a few seconds without interruption then you can also rename a few thousand files, and if something doesn't work, then same files won't be renamed and left untouched. That's all. Keep in mind that you're essentially just sending move/rename commands (i.e. mv /A /B) to the SMB server, so the files never get downloaded to or uploaded from your Desktop PC that's remotely renaming files.
trigger2k20

Post by trigger2k20 »

Thanks rednoah,
thanks for the answer . And it works !
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Were you able to narrow down the problem? What was the solution? (asking for the next guy)