Where is MetaData Stored

Any questions? Need some help?
victorvdc

Where is MetaData Stored

Post by victorvdc »

When I process a file with FileBot or AMC script the Series MetaData information seem to be stored some place and I cant find it.

Problem is if i change the file name and reprocess it with FileBot (or AMC) uses the "hidden" MetaData info not the file name so it wont change my series info. ALSO the original file gets the Meta Data taged to it even in copy mode (this is strange why it is affecting the source file) :? .

Only way out of it is to re-transcode the whole original file to clear the MetaData

I would like to force Filebot to ignor the hidden Meta data and use the file name. However if this is not possible can you explain where the Meta Data is stored so i can just clear it. (It seemes to be linked to the video file but it is not in the video file as far as I can determine)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Where is MetaData Stored

Post by rednoah »

:idea: Revert files via the internal History if you want to un-rename files. This will automatically clear xattr metadata metadata as well. Do not manually un-rename files, since manually un-renaming files does not clear xattr metadata as you have found out.

:idea: You are likely using --action duplicate which notably tries not to physically copy files if at all possible, and instead hardlinks files if possible. Please read the --action option manual for details.

:arrow: Please read Metadata and Extended Attributes for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.