Keeping original file location

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
sidjames

Keeping original file location

Post by sidjames »

hi all love the app, I have a question and am hoping its an easy one. Am in the process of rename all my tv shows and movies that are on my Synology nas but am doing the renaming on my Mac.

When I select a movie to rename it does the renaming of the movie and folder fine but it takes the file out of the original location and places it in a different folder, this isn't an issue if the file and folder are on that drive pool but I have 3 pools and its a problem doing bulk renaming. is there a way I can have filebot do the renaming but keep the file in the original location ???
rednoah
The Source

Re: Keeping original file location

Post by rednoah »

The destination path is entirely up to your custom format. Your custom format can choose to retain bits and pieces of the original file paths. The complete absolute target file path is up to your custom format.

:idea: The {drive} binding will give you the file system root path, i.e. ensure that files stay on the same drive. However, if you have a drive pool on your NAS, that is exposed as a single SMB share, then macOS will likely see that as a single remote file system and likely cannot tell which folder maps to which physical drive on the remote SMB server.

:arrow: Please provide file paths as text (from the macOS client point of view; complete absolute file paths in this case) and how you would like to rewrite these file paths. Please read How to Request Help for details.

:idea: You can copy & paste a file path by loading the file into Original Files, selecting an item, and then pressing the CTRL+C (on Windows) or COMMAND+C (on macOS) keys to copy the file path into the clipboard.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.