Filebot cant creat hardlink and cant display Japanese or Chinese

Support for unRAID and docker container users
wasaibi12345

Filebot cant creat hardlink and cant display Japanese or Chinese

Post by wasaibi12345 »

I ran into two problem with FileBot in unRAID system

The first problem is I cant create a Hardlink,This is the relevant error log:
HARDLINK: Access Denied: /storage/disk1/Download1/MovieName.mkv -> /storage/disk1/Download1/MovieName.mkv/MovieName.mkv (rwxr-xr-x 0:0 MovieName.mkv)

The second problem is Filebot cant display Japanese or Chinese,They were replaced with a "口".However, the unRAID system and other dockers such as Filebrowser、Emby can display Japanese and Chinese normally
Screenshot

I am eager to know how to solve these two problems, thank you for your help!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot cant creat hardlink and cant display Japanese or Chinese

Post by rednoah »

:?: Which docker container are you using? A 3rd party container by any chance?

:arrow: You'll want to use the official xpra docker container:
viewtopic.php?t=12965

:idea: The ▯▯▯▯ just means that you're missing the CJK fonts. The character is there. It'll work. Your docker container just doesn't have the fonts to draw the characters.

:!: You can't copy ./A.mkv to ./A.mkv/A.mkv, because ./A.mkv is a file, and we can't create a folder ./A.mkv at that same file path, i.e. can't move a file path into itself:

Code: Select all

HARDLINK: Access Denied: ./A.mkv -> ./A.mkv/A.mkv
:?: Did you perhaps mean to move ./A.mkv to ./A/A.mkv? (NOTE: no .mkv extension in the new folder name; thus no file path conflict)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
wasaibi12345

Post by wasaibi12345 »

rednoah wrote: 22 Aug 2023, 16:28 :?: Which docker container are you using? A 3rd party container by any chance?

:arrow: You'll want to use the official xpra docker container:
viewtopic.php?t=12965

:idea: The ▯▯▯▯ just means that you're missing the CJK fonts. The character is there. It'll work. Your docker container just doesn't have the fonts to draw the characters.

:!: You can't copy ./A.mkv to ./A.mkv/A.mkv, because ./A.mkv is a file, and we can't create a folder ./A.mkv at that same file path, i.e. can't move a file path into itself:

Code: Select all

HARDLINK: Access Denied: ./A.mkv -> ./A.mkv/A.mkv
:?: Did you perhaps mean to move ./A.mkv to ./A/A.mkv? (NOTE: no .mkv extension in the new folder name; thus no file path conflict)
Thank you for your help, today I will refer to these tips to solve these problems

Regarding the issue of missing fonts, it caused inconvenience to my tidying up, so I wanted to solve it as much as possible
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

wasaibi12345 wrote: 23 Aug 2023, 01:56 Regarding the issue of missing fonts, it caused inconvenience to my tidying up, so I wanted to solve it as much as possible
:?: Which docker container are you using? You'll want to report the issue to the maintainer of the docker container that you are using.

:idea: Alternatively, you can use the official rednoah/filebot:xpra docker container instead. CJK fonts are confirmed to work in our container.
wasaibi12345

Post by wasaibi12345 »

rednoah wrote: 23 Aug 2023, 03:45
wasaibi12345 wrote: 23 Aug 2023, 01:56 Regarding the issue of missing fonts, it caused inconvenience to my tidying up, so I wanted to solve it as much as possible
:?: Which docker container are you using? You'll want to report the issue to the maintainer of the docker container that you are using.

:idea: Alternatively, you can use the official rednoah/filebot:xpra docker container instead. CJK fonts are confirmed to work in our container.
The second issue has been solved, I am using jlesage/filebot in unRAID CA, not the official container

Now back to the first question, this error is indeed caused by the output path of the file, you cannot use the default path, you must change to another path
This post has a complete solution: viewtopic.php?t=4755
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing similar issues, I think it has something to do with my caching strategy

Now a new problem arises, I specify the hard-linked output directory as Emby's media library folder, but FileBot gets an error "Cross-device link", I'm pretty sure that both folders should be on the same hard drive, and I don't have any caching policies configured for them

I could only find a folder that doesn't report an error as the output directory, and then tried using FileBrowser to move the hard link I created to Emby's media library folder, but the hard drive ended up rewriting the file once. When I created the hard link, my hard drive only used 20GB, but after moving the hard link, my hard drive used 40GB

The filesystem I'm using is ZFS, maybe this has something to do with my filesystem, I'm trying to fix this now.Do you have any good suggestions?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

wasaibi12345 wrote: 22 Aug 2023, 14:04 HARDLINK: Access Denied: /storage/disk1/Download1/MovieName.mkv -> /storage/disk1/Download1/MovieName.mkv/MovieName.mkv (rwxr-xr-x 0:0 MovieName.mkv)
This has nothing to do with ZFS. You simply cannot move / copy / link a file path into itself. You cannot hardlink ./A.mkv to ./A.mkv/A.mkv because ./A.mkv cannot possibly be both a File and a Folder at the same time.

Console Output: Select all

$ touch A.mkv
$ ln A.mkv A.mkv/A.mkv
ln: A.mkv/A.mkv: Not a directory
$ mv A.mkv A.mkv/A.mkv
mv: rename A.mkv to A.mkv/A.mkv: Not a directory
$ cp A.mkv A.mkv/A.mkv
cp: A.mkv/A.mkv: Not a directory

:?: Did you perhaps encounter multiple errors for different reasons and then copy & paste the wrong error message? Did you perhaps make some error somewhere else which then erroneously instructs FileBot to perform an impossible operation?

:?: What exactly are you trying to do? What custom format are you using? Please read How to Request Help.
wasaibi12345

Post by wasaibi12345 »

rednoah wrote: 23 Aug 2023, 04:31
wasaibi12345 wrote: 22 Aug 2023, 14:04 HARDLINK: Access Denied: /storage/disk1/Download1/MovieName.mkv -> /storage/disk1/Download1/MovieName.mkv/MovieName.mkv (rwxr-xr-x 0:0 MovieName.mkv)
This has nothing to do with ZFS. You simply cannot move / copy / link a file path into itself. You cannot hardlink ./A.mkv to ./A.mkv/A.mkv because ./A.mkv cannot possibly be both a File and a Folder at the same time.

Console Output: Select all

$ touch A.mkv
$ ln A.mkv A.mkv/A.mkv
ln: A.mkv/A.mkv: Not a directory
$ mv A.mkv A.mkv/A.mkv
mv: rename A.mkv to A.mkv/A.mkv: Not a directory
$ cp A.mkv A.mkv/A.mkv
cp: A.mkv/A.mkv: Not a directory

:?: Did you perhaps encounter multiple errors for different reasons and then copy & paste the wrong error message? Did you perhaps make some error somewhere else which then erroneously instructs FileBot to perform an impossible operation?

:?: What exactly are you trying to do? What custom format are you using? Please read How to Request Help.
I'm very sorry for taking up your time, I've been researching since the morning and the first two issues have been solved, but the bad news is that the third problem has appeared
Currently, I am using the official container
Screenshot

The third problem is the error: HARDLINK: /volume1/disk1/Seeded1/MovieName.mkv -> /volume1/disk1/Organize1/MovieName.mkv: Invalid cross-device link
Screenshot

Obviously, both Organize1 and Seeded1 are folders inside disk1, but why does FileBot error "cross-device link"?
I didn't set up any caching for both folders
Screenshot
Screenshot

I suspect that the ZFS file system is causing the problem, ZFS will write the file to memory first and then to the hard disk, which will cause the system to think that I want to write a new file when creating a hard link, and then force it to memory, causing the hard link creation to fail
Am I guessing correctly?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

wasaibi12345 wrote: 23 Aug 2023, 09:03 I'm very sorry for taking up your time, I've been researching since the morning and the first two issues have been solved
:?: What was the problem? What was the solution? Where did you go wrong and what did you do differently to make it work?

:?: How did you confirm that /A and /B are indeed on the same file system from the container point of view?

:arrow: You can use the stat command to check. If the target file path is on the same file system (i.e. same Device ID) then hardlink will work, if the file system is different then you will get the cross-device link error by nature of what a hard link is. (NOTE: definitely not related to ZFS specifically)

Screenshot

:idea: Please read Notes on --action MOVE and --action HARDLINK as well for good measure, since volume mounts are commonly configured incorrectly if you don't keep file system boundaries from the container point-of-view in mind.
wasaibi12345

Post by wasaibi12345 »

rednoah wrote: 23 Aug 2023, 10:31 1.
wasaibi12345 wrote: 23 Aug 2023, 09:03 I'm very sorry for taking up your time, I've been researching since the morning and the first two issues have been solved
:?: What was the problem? What was the solution? Where did you go wrong and what did you do differently to make it work?

:?: How did you confirm that /A and /B are indeed on the same file system from the container point of view?

:arrow: You can use the stat command to check. If the target file path is on the same file system (i.e. same Device ID) then hardlink will work, if the file system is different then you will get the cross-device link error by nature of what a hard link is. (NOTE: definitely not related to ZFS specifically)

Screenshot

:idea: Please read Notes on --action MOVE and --action HARDLINK as well for good measure, since volume mounts are commonly configured incorrectly if you don't keep file system boundaries from the container point-of-view in mind.
Thanks for your help, I have successfully solved all the problems, and I will do the review next

The first problem is an error: HARDLINK: Access Denied: /storage/disk1/Download1/MovieName.mkv -> /storage/disk1/Download1/MovieName.mkv/MovieName.mkv (rwxr-xr-x 0:0 MovieName.mkv)
The detailed cause of this problem is not clear, but it should be related to the file output path, I tried to modify the output path of the file, and FileBot ran successfully
For how to change the file output path, you can see this post viewtopic.php?t=4755

The second problem is that Chinese and Japanese cannot be displayed,
The reason is that I used FileBot in unRAID Community Applications, the official container does not have this defect, you can refer to this article to install it
viewtopic.php?t=12965

The third problem is the error: HARDLINK: /volume1/disk1/Seeded1/MovieName.mkv -> /volume1/disk1/Organize1/MovieName.mkv: Invalid cross-device link
The reason for this is some defects in the ZFS file system in unRAID, which can only be used in version 6.12, and it is not very stable
I solved this problem by changing my filesystem from ZFS to btrfs

Thank you again for your help!