[Microsoft Store] Where does filebot save scripts in the windows registry (win 10)

Support for Windows users
DevXen
Power User

[Microsoft Store] Where does filebot save scripts in the windows registry (win 10)

Post by DevXen »

So my hard drive crashed and I sent it into a data recovery place. They sent me a list of files they can recover. But 33% was not recoverable meaning I probably won't be able to get a Clone of the disk to boot back up info my windows install..

So I wanted to check to see if the registry files with the script are recoverable. (In the list of files he sent me.)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Where does filebot save scripts in the windows registry (win 10)

Post by rednoah »

FileBot does not save scripts to the registry. If you mean custom formats then those are stored to the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft and backed up to the local file system at %APPDATA%\FileBot\preferences.backup.xml in regular intervals.

:!: We assume that you are using the MSI package. User preferences work differently if you're using the Microsoft Store APPX package or the ZIP portable package.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DevXen
Power User

Post by DevXen »

Yeah it's the Microsoft store version.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

DevXen wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 16:28 Yeah it's the Microsoft store version.
The Microsoft Store virtualizes all Registry access, i.e. each Microsoft Store application has its own registry that is separate and independent from the system registry. So you definitely won't find anything in the system registry. You'd have to ask Google for technical details on where you might find the application-specific registry files though.

You'll probably have more luck with the preferences.backup.xml file in the %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\PointPlanck.FileBot_*\LocalCache\Roaming\FileBot folder.
DevXen
Power User

Re: [Microsoft Store] Where does filebot save scripts in the windows registry (win 10)

Post by DevXen »

Okay. I'll look around there. Thank you.
DevXen
Power User

Re: [Microsoft Store] Where does filebot save scripts in the windows registry (win 10)

Post by DevXen »

Found it right where you said. thank you so much for your help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Make sure to share your formats here for yourself and others. ;)
DevXen
Power User

Post by DevXen »

Haha I used toon share them here. But I'm using several CSv files and one of two. Groovy files. So it just got too complex. I do have a GitHub I linked in my post the has it why the extra CSv files. But I'm not sure that was the most upto date.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can also share the link to your GitHub repository if it's public. Might be useful for the next guy. The format expressions in the FileBot settings are gonna be very simple if you just reference external files, as you should once things become a multi-file project. ;)
DevXen
Power User

Post by DevXen »

Oh I actually did share a link to my GitHub back on my expression when I stopped updating it on the forum as it was getting way too complex. So the link has been there for a few years now.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. Found it. Adding a link here just in case: DevXen's Enhanced TV SHOW Perfection Naming Scheme @ GitHub