eBook and AudioBook support

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
winecountrymedia

eBook and AudioBook support

Post by winecountrymedia »

eBook and AudioBook support?

I would be nice to have an all renamer in one spot. Add support for

epub, mobi, m4b, ZIP, RAR, RAR5, CBR, CBZ, CB7

right now the only option is calibre and its nowhere near as good as filebot in my opinion.
rednoah
The Source

Re: eBook and AudioBook support

Post by rednoah »

You can use Plain File Mode to rename any file including eBook files.

:?: You would start by asking yourself where can get the eBook metadata from in machine-readable form? Author? Title? Release Year?

:?: Maybe it's embedded in the file? MediaInfo?

:?: Maybe there's a companion XML file? Rename files based on sibling XML files?

:?: Maybe you can just copy & paste bits and pieces of the current file path? Organize files based on information present in the file path?

:?: Maybe you only have some ID that you can use to lookup more information online? Custom Format Server?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Re: eBook and AudioBook support

Post by rednoah »

Some degree of eBook and AudioBook support may be possible via custom formats. If you know a website that that supports search and lookup based on information that you have based on file name or file content (i.e. MediaInfo properties) then you can most certainly write a custom format that sends a HTTP requests and then parses the HTML response for information.

We do however need test data. If you don't know anything about the files at hand then we cannot write code to deal with them. In particular, we absolutely need sample file paths as text and MediaInfo properties for prototyping and testing.

Links:
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.