Trying to Find a Workflow for Renaming Music Videos

Support for unRAID and docker container users
DoctorBubba

Trying to Find a Workflow for Renaming Music Videos

Post by DoctorBubba »

Hello!

I'm looking for a piece of software that will rename my Music Videos and collect metadata for them. I use FileBot a lot for movies and TV shows and I would like to use it for music videos if possible, but I'm having some issues.

To start from the end, my video scheduling software needs video metadata in NFO files. I realize that FileBot stores metadata as extended attributes, and it wouldn't be hard for me to write a script to take these extended attributes and create an NFO file from them. So that part will be manageable if I can get that far.

When I put the files into FileBot and match using acoustdb, it will identify a little less than half of them. This is very helpful for the ones that are identified. However, I'm stuck on trying to figure out how to manually match the files that aren't matched automatically.

I've used the edit match option with movies and TV shows. I've also used the episodes tab to pull up episodes and then match to them. It doesn't appear though that these options support music albums. Is there any way to manually find acoustdb matches for music files? (or music videos in my case) I'd also like the option to change existing matches. For example I noticed one or two music videos that matched to a "greatest hits" album and I'd prefer to match to the original album.

Thank you for your help!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Trying to Find a Workflow for Renaming Music Videos

Post by rednoah »

DoctorBubba wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 15:53 I realize that FileBot stores metadata as extended attributes, and it wouldn't be hard for me to write a script to take these extended attributes and create an NFO file from them.
Unfortunately, xattr metadata is limited to Movie and Episode objects. AudioTrack objects are not stored to xattr for neither video files nor audio files. Fortunately, the new Custom Post-Processing Scripts feature should allow you to generate NFO files via custom code in the post-processing phase.

DoctorBubba wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 15:53 When I put the files into FileBot and match using acoustdb, it will identify a little less than half of them. This is very helpful for the ones that are identified. However, I'm stuck on trying to figure out how to manually match the files that aren't matched automatically.
Half is actually a surprisingly good result. AcoustID is not made for identifying music videos, it just so happens that the acousting fingerprint from the audio stream happens to match sometimes.

DoctorBubba wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 15:53 I've used the edit match option with movies and TV shows. I've also used the episodes tab to pull up episodes and then match to them. It doesn't appear though that these options support music albums. Is there any way to manually find acoustdb matches for music files? (or music videos in my case) I'd also like the option to change existing matches. For example I noticed one or two music videos that matched to a "greatest hits" album and I'd prefer to match to the original album.
Edit Match will sometimes give you alternative options if AcoustID lookup yields multiple results. Unfortunately, FileBot does not have MusicBrainz integration so we have no way of doing a manual lookup.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DoctorBubba

Post by DoctorBubba »

rednoah wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 16:26 Unfortunately, xattr metadata is limited to Movie and Episode objects. AudioTrack objects are not stored to xattr for neither video files nor audio files. Fortunately, the new Custom Post-Processing Scripts feature should allow you to generate NFO files via custom code in the post-processing phase.
Okay, I will have to learn this syntax, but it shouldn't be too tough. Are these groovy scripts? I usually script in Bash but I'm sure I can figure out what I need to.
rednoah wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 16:26 Half is actually a surprisingly good result. AcoustID is not made for identifying music videos, it just so happens that the acousting fingerprint from the audio stream happens to match sometimes.
I was honestly surprised that any of them matched, since the music videos come from analog tape captures. I would have thought it would have to be much closer to the CD audio if not the exact audio stream. I'm sure there are slight differences in the amount of space at the beginning of the audio tracks, in addition to there being a little bit of noise from the tape format. I'm really surprised there are any matches and that will save time. It even identified which remixes some tracks were, when I didn't know because it wasn't listed on the video.
rednoah wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 16:26 Edit Match will sometimes give you alternative options if AcoustID lookup yields multiple results. Unfortunately, FileBot does not have MusicBrainz integration so we have no way of doing a manual lookup.
This unfortunately is the real killer for me. If I can't manually lookup the ones that don't match, I don't know how I'll get metadata for the majority of music videos. This sounds like it's a limitation that can't be bypassed though. Is there a way to make acoustdb match on filename?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

DoctorBubba wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 17:33 This unfortunately is the real killer for me. If I can't manually lookup the ones that don't match, I don't know how I'll get metadata for the majority of music videos. This sounds like it's a limitation that can't be bypassed though. Is there a way to make acoustdb match on filename?
Sorry, we don't do file path based music identification, since there's no standard or rules. AcoustID only works via acoustic fingerprints.
DoctorBubba

Post by DoctorBubba »

What was the database that was being used when I was ripping CDs back in the early 2000s? I don't think it was using acoustdb fingerprints. Was it Gracenote, maybe? That sounds right.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

DoctorBubba wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 19:15 What was the database that was being used when I was ripping CDs back in the early 2000s? I don't think it was using acoustdb fingerprints. Was it Gracenote, maybe? That sounds right.
That was easier, because you had a CD identifier, with which you could get the CD index online, which would then tell you the all the artist / title / etc metadata for each audio track number. It's simple and reliably because there's no guesswork involved. The CD identifier is unique and the order of tracks on the CD can't change.