FileBot cannot find some subtitles?

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
zhyp

FileBot cannot find some subtitles?

Post by zhyp »

Hey, love filebot, and recently I've been tinkering with some scripts to automate my script even more.
Here's my script: https://github.com/zhyph/random-scripts ... _files.ps1 (not pretty at all)
So far I only added some extra calls to fn:suball for some fuzzy search since I wanted to search for “pob” subtitles, and they're kinda hard to find.
All I wanted is some insights if I'm using filebot correctly on all occasions, and to sane a problem that I've been having recently.

I'll use “The Boondocks” for example, as you can see on https://www.opensubtitles.org/pb/ssearc ... ovie-21545, all the episodes on season 3 have subtitles, but while trying to match with: “filebot -script fn:suball "E:\Media\TV Shows\The Boondocks {tmdb-2604}\Season 03\" --lang pob -non-strict”, the majority of the episodes are ignored,
this being the output:

Code: Select all

Fetch subtitles for [E:\Media\TV Shows\The Boondocks {tmdb-2604}\Season 03]
Get [Brazilian Portuguese] subtitles for 15 files
Looking up subtitles by hash via OpenSubtitles
Looking up subtitles by name via OpenSubtitles
Fetching [Portuguese (BR)] subtitles [The.Boondocks.S03E03.HDTV.XviD-2HD-por.srt] from [OpenSubtitles]
Export [The.Boondocks.S03E03.HDTV.XviD-2HD-por.srt] as [SubRip / UTF-8]
Writing [The.Boondocks.S03E03.HDTV.XviD-2HD-por.srt] to [The Boondocks - S03E03 - The Red Ball.pob.srt]
Fetching [Portuguese (BR)] subtitles [the.boondocks.s03e07.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi.srt] from [OpenSubtitles]
Export [the.boondocks.s03e07.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi.srt] as [SubRip / UTF-8]
Writing [the.boondocks.s03e07.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi.srt] to [The Boondocks - S03E07 - The Fundraiser.pob.srt]
Fetching [Portuguese (BR)] subtitles [the.boondocks.s03e01.dvdrip.xvid-nodlabs-por.txt] from [OpenSubtitles]
Export [the.boondocks.s03e01.dvdrip.xvid-nodlabs-por.txt] as [SubRip / UTF-8]
Writing [the.boondocks.s03e01.dvdrip.xvid-nodlabs-por.txt] to [The Boondocks - S03E01 - It's a Black President, Huey Freeman.pob.srt]
Fetching [Portuguese (BR)] subtitles [the.boondocks.s03e04.dvdrip.xvid-nodlabs-por.txt] from [OpenSubtitles]
Export [the.boondocks.s03e04.dvdrip.xvid-nodlabs-por.txt] as [SubRip / UTF-8]
Writing [the.boondocks.s03e04.dvdrip.xvid-nodlabs-por.txt] to [The Boondocks - S03E04 - The Story of Jimmy Rebel.pob.srt]
No subtitles: E:\Media\TV Shows\The Boondocks {tmdb-2604}\Season 03\The Boondocks - S03E02 - Bitches to Rags.mkv (Brazilian Portuguese)
No subtitles: E:\Media\TV Shows\The Boondocks {tmdb-2604}\Season 03\The Boondocks - S03E05 - Stinkmeaner 3 - The Hateocracy.mkv (Brazilian Portuguese)
No subtitles: E:\Media\TV Shows\The Boondocks {tmdb-2604}\Season 03\The Boondocks - S03E06 - Smokin with Cigarettes.mkv (Brazilian Portuguese)
No subtitles: E:\Media\TV Shows\The Boondocks {tmdb-2604}\Season 03\The Boondocks - S03E08 - Pause.mkv (Brazilian Portuguese)
No subtitles: E:\Media\TV Shows\The Boondocks {tmdb-2604}\Season 03\The Boondocks - S03E09 - A Date with the Booty Warrior.mkv (Brazilian Portuguese)
No subtitles: E:\Media\TV Shows\The Boondocks {tmdb-2604}\Season 03\The Boondocks - S03E10 - The Story of Lando Freeman.mkv (Brazilian Portuguese)
No subtitles: E:\Media\TV Shows\The Boondocks {tmdb-2604}\Season 03\The Boondocks - S03E11 - Lovely Ebony Brown.mkv (Brazilian Portuguese)
No subtitles: E:\Media\TV Shows\The Boondocks {tmdb-2604}\Season 03\The Boondocks - S03E12 - Mr. Medicinal.mkv (Brazilian Portuguese)
No subtitles: E:\Media\TV Shows\The Boondocks {tmdb-2604}\Season 03\The Boondocks - S03E13 - The Fried Chicken Flu.mkv (Brazilian Portuguese)
No subtitles: E:\Media\TV Shows\The Boondocks {tmdb-2604}\Season 03\The Boondocks - S03E14 - The Color Ruckus.mkv (Brazilian Portuguese)
No subtitles: E:\Media\TV Shows\The Boondocks {tmdb-2604}\Season 03\The Boondocks - S03E15 - It's Goin' Down.mkv (Brazilian Portuguese)
Done ?(?????)?
Is there a specify reason for this behavior? Thanks :D
rednoah
The Source

Re: Suggestion for Improvement

Post by rednoah »

The difference is the subtitle file name.

This is a good one and matches your file name fairly closely:

the.boondocks.s03e01.dvdrip.xvid-nodlabs-por.txt
This is a bad name and does not match your file names well:

15. It's Goin' Down-por.srt

:arrow: You can help improve things for the next guy buy manually downloading the missing subtitles, and then dropping all the video files and subtitle files onto the Icon upload button to upload all subtitles again with FileBot to add the missing video-to-subtitle hash links.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
zhyp

Re: FileBot cannot find some subtitles?

Post by zhyp »

Oh, I didn't know about that, I'll be downloading all the available subtitles manually and adding them if that helps, thanks for letting me know.
And about my script, what do you think about it? Is it being used as intended? (I must've created the repo as private by accident, now it's public)
P.S. Sorry for doing multiple questions in one post, I feel like I overdid it.
Last edited by zhyp on 03 Oct 2023, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:!: The link posted above doesn't work so I didn't look at it.

:idea: Make sure to subtitles are in sync before adding video hashes to the database. See Exact VS Fuzzy Subtitle Search for details on how "lookup by hash" works.
zhyp

Post by zhyp »

The repo was private by accident, my bad, now you can see it.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Looks good. I see no issues at a glance. For new episodes it might make sense to wait a few days for good subtitles to become available.
zhyp

Post by zhyp »

Makes sense, thank you for help, and again, great job at filebot, amazing work.