v5.1.1 Braces instead of brackets?

Support for macOS users
cheaters

v5.1.1 Braces instead of brackets?

Post by cheaters »

I did some renaming of series today and noticed there were some underlying changes to ~emby.id.derive because I had duplicate directories for shows.

Code: Select all

/Volumes/PlexMedia/PlexServer_1/Series/A History of Ancient Britain (2011) [tmdbid=38114]/Season 01/A History of Ancient Britain (2011) - S01E01 - Age of Ice
Instead of:

/Volumes/PlexMedia/PlexServer_1/Series/A History of Ancient Britain (2011) {tmdb=38114}/Season 01/A History of Ancient Britain (2011) - S01E01 - Age of Ice
Concern... is the following compatible with Plex's naming scheme? I thought they were all about braces for holding the database info and not brackets and required tvdb and imdb not tvdbid and imdbid

:?: for TVDB we now have tvdbid instead of tvdb
:?: for IMDB we now have imdbid instead of imdb

https://support.plex.tv/articles/naming ... how-files/
If you are using the “Plex TV Series” agent, you can optionally include the TMDB or TVDB show ID in the folder name to improve matching. If you choose to do that, it must be inside curly braces: ShowName (2020) {tvdb-123456} or ShowName (2020) {tmdb-123456} where 123456 is the show ID. An example can be found at the end of the article.
:?: For all renaming databases we now have brackets [] instead of braces {}
Many of our naming instructions mention having Optional_Info at the end of the file name. As the label suggests, it’s optional, but many people like to use it for information about the files in question. Such optional info is ignored by Plex when matching content with legacy agents, but it is used in the Plex TV Series agent to give a hint for matching. If you want info to be ignored put the optional info in brackets. e.g. /Band of Brothers (2001) - s01e01 - Currahee [1080p Bluray].mkv
That suggests anything in brackets is going to be ignored and not used to help match a show.

I went looking for breaking changes in the update but could not find the changes page. Am I missing some change or new feature?

This is my preset:

/Volumes/PlexMedia/PlexServer_1/Series/
{ ~emby.id.derive { allOf { tags }{ certification }{ hours.toString().replace('∶', '"∶"') }{ vf }{ vs }{ info.network }{ group }.joining('][', ' [',']') }}
{ if (dc > 1) '_'+di }
cheaters

Re: v5.1.1 Braces instead of brackets?

Post by cheaters »

OK, looks like we've moved on... and are no longer using ~emby.id.derive for Plex. :lol:

Plex has its own binding now ~plex.id.derive 8-)

The only thing is that the Plex binding doesn't include the Year like the Emby binding does. And that was the reason I moved to the Emby binding under your direction.. I want to include the year because it helps to narrow down shows that have the exact same name.

Thanks!
cheaters

Post by cheaters »

@rednoah
Now that the emby binding is no longer an option for Plex can you add the year to ~plex.id.derive ?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:idea: Note that the series year is entirely redundant for auto-detection purposes if you already have the series ID in the file path.

:idea: FileBot r10069 adds {plex.year.id} for users that just want Name (Year) {id-123} for aesthetic reasons.

:arrow: :arrow: Plex TV Series Naming with Year
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
cheaters

Post by cheaters »

rednoah wrote: 21 Oct 2023, 17:21
:idea: FileBot r10069 adds {plex.year.id} for users that just want Name (Year) {id-123} for aesthetic reasons.
:arrow: :arrow: Plex TV Series Naming with Year
Thanks for adding {plex.year}! That permanently solves it for me.

Now I just need to find r10069. From what I remember the revision number is not something users can see.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

cheaters wrote: 21 Oct 2023, 23:31 Now I just need to find r10069.
:arrow: :arrow: Latest Beta Revisions and Release Candidates

cheaters wrote: 21 Oct 2023, 23:31 From what I remember the revision number is not something users can see.
:arrow: :arrow: You can see the revision number. Please read How to Request Help.

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.