Filebot being called while torrent is still seeding

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
mitsumori

Filebot being called while torrent is still seeding

Post by mitsumori »

Hello there! I'm having an issue that only happens occasionally, but still annoying nonetheless. qBitorrent seems to be sometimes calling filebot while the torrent is still in a seeding state, I guess sometimes the torrent takes too long to switch to completed for whatever reason, and it produces this -

Code: Select all

[KEEPLINK] from [D:\Completed\[SubsPlease] Shangri-La Frontier - 05 (1080p) [A3096532].mkv] to [D:\Plex Stuff\Anime\Shangri-La Frontier Kusogee Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to Su\[SubsPlease] Shangri-La Frontier - 05 (1080p) [A3096532].mkv] failed due to I/O error [D:\Completed\[SubsPlease] Shangri-La Frontier - 05 (1080p) [A3096532].mkv -> D:\Plex Stuff\Anime\Shangri-La Frontier Kusogee Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to Su\[SubsPlease] Shangri-La Frontier - 05 (1080p) [A3096532].mkv: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process]
Is there anyway to call filebot only when the torrent state reaches completed, or delay AMC script by 10 seconds or so? Thanks so much for your help.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot being called while torrent is still seeding

Post by rednoah »

:idea: Windows simply does not allow you to move / delete files that are still in use by other processes, and qBT seeding (now or 10s later does not matter) means that files are in use by another process:

Code: Select all

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

:!: You thus cannot use --action move or --action keeplink when processing files that are still in use by qBT. You could certainly write your own custom script that waits for a few seconds before calling amc script but that won't fundamentally solve the issue.

:arrow: You'll want to use --action duplicate as seen in all the examples. Just make sure that input / output folder is on the same file system so that FileBot can just create a hardlink instead of physically copying the file.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.