Atomic Move seem not working anymore

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
FTW

Atomic Move seem not working anymore

Post by FTW »

Hello,

Using: FileBot 5.1.2 (r10125) With JLesage Docker

since this new version of FileBot. Atomic Move seem not working anymore and I didnt change anyting in my path. I was working before

HardLink work fine just the Move take a lot longer to do (seem to Copy/Delete).

I am using:

Code: Select all

Source Path: /data/temp/Movies/releasename/movie_name.mkv
Destination Path: /data/media/Movies/R/Release name/movie_name.mkv
any idea what could be my issue?

Thanks
Best Regards
rednoah
The Source

Re: Atomic Move seem not working anymore

Post by rednoah »

:!: --action hardlink working and --action move not working makes no sense to me. I'd start by double-checking everything.

:?: What is your docker configuration?

:idea: Make sure that both input and output folder are on the same mounted volume. See Notes on --action MOVE and --action HARDLINK for details.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
FTW

Post by FTW »

:?: What is your docker configuration?
I set everything this way

/data  -> /mnt/user/archives/release/                      ->     AMC Output directory
/data/temp -> /mnt/user/archives/release/temp/             ->     AMC Watch Directory
/data/Torrent -> /mnt/user/archives/release/Torrent/       ->     useless container path that I didnt remove yet
/NAS -> /mnt/remotes/NAS/                                  ->     Remote NAS no need Atomic/Hardlink
/NAS2 -> /mnt/remotes/NAS2/                                ->     Remote NAS 2
/config -> /mnt/user/appdata/FileBot                       ->     config FileBot path
/storage -> /mnt/user/archives/release/                    ->     Default Container Input Path from docker that I don't use

Container Variable: AMC_INPUT_DIR -> /data/temp
Container Variable: AMC_OUTPUT_DIR - /data/media/
From the GUI, I always use /data as Input and Output path
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:?: Why did you add this volume mapping?

/data/temp -> /mnt/user/archives/release/temp/             ->     AMC Watch Directory

:arrow: Looks like you're moving files from one mount point to another, which will of course result in a cross-filesystem copy+delete operation from the container point-of-view:

/data  -> /mnt/user/archives/release/                      ->     AMC Output directory

/data/temp/Movies/releasename/movie_name.mkv               ->     AMC Watch Directory
/data/media/Movies/R/Release name/movie_name.mkv           ->     AMC Output directory
Note that --action hardlink cannot possibly work with this configuration. Please read Notes on --action MOVE and --action HARDLINK for details.
FTW

Post by FTW »

rednoah wrote: 07 Dec 2023, 10:13 :?: Why did you add this volume mapping?

because its in the Default Config of the Docker that I needed to edit coming from this JLesage docker version.

so that's mean I can just remove this mapping?

I can just use the Containing Variable? -> Container Variable: AMC_INPUT_DIR -> /data/temp as AMC Watch folder?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:idea: Since this mapping serves no apparent purpose, I'd remove it. Maybe that'll make it work. Removing unnecessary complexity is always a good idea.

:arrow: You'll want to ask JLesage for usage help on JLesage container specific environment variables.