new --order option: "TV"

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
rg7qpkoh

new --order option: "TV"

Post by rg7qpkoh »

Code: Select all

$ filebot -no-xattr -rename --db "TheMovieDB::TV" --order TV --q 19849 --action test --format "{ny} - {s00e00} - {t}" */*.mkv
* Consider using --mode interactive to enable interactive mode
Invalid --order value: 'TV': TV not in [Airdate, DVD, Absolute, Digital, Story, Production, Date]
Failure (×_×)⌒☆
Example of "TV" order: https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/19849-blo ... 6f05ffdde7
rednoah
The Source

Re: new --order option: "TV"

Post by rednoah »

FileBot does not have a corresponding --order option value, so querying Type 7 episode groups is not supported:
https://developer.themoviedb.org/refere ... up-details

:?: Why not name / organize files with standard SxE order?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rg7qpkoh

Post by rg7qpkoh »

I filed this under feature request as a feature request for the option to use that sort order with --db "TheMovieDB::TV".

Code: Select all

Invalid --order value: 'TV': TV not in [Airdate, DVD, Absolute, Digital, Story, Production, Date]
This is already almost all of them. :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

We may add support for additional orders as needed. A real-world use case would be in support of this feature request. It would also help others chime in and support this feature request.

:idea: Note that TMDB can have multiple episode lists per order type, i.e. there could be 4 different "absolute order" episode and --order absolute will just give you the first one whichever that may be. Some TMDB episode groups not being accessible via FileBot is normal. If you're organizing files for Plex / Kodi / etc then you must use TMDB primary SxE order anyway. So what's the use case? What does TV order help you achieve? Convert badly numbered files from TV order to primary SxE order?
rg7qpkoh

Post by rg7qpkoh »

rednoah wrote: 13 Dec 2023, 00:27 We may add support for additional orders as needed. A real-world use case would be in support of this feature request. It would also help others chime in and support this feature request.
Fair enough.

rednoah wrote: 13 Dec 2023, 00:27 :idea: Note that TMDB can have multiple episode lists per order type, i.e. there could be 4 different "absolute order" episode and --order absolute will just give you the first one whichever that may be. Some TMDB episode groups not being accessible via FileBot is normal. If you're organizing files for Plex / Kodi / etc then you must use TMDB primary SxE order anyway. So what's the use case? What does TV order help you achieve? Convert badly numbered files from TV order to primary SxE order?
More or less. Hard to resort the episodes manually when I can't even get them titled, heh. 😅
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

rg7qpkoh wrote: 13 Dec 2023, 13:54 More or less. Hard to resort the episodes manually when I can't even get them titled, heh. 😅
:idea: Can you paste file paths as text so we can see the problem at hand?
rg7qpkoh

Post by rg7qpkoh »

rednoah wrote: 13 Dec 2023, 14:49
rg7qpkoh wrote: 13 Dec 2023, 13:54 More or less. Hard to resort the episodes manually when I can't even get them titled, heh. 😅
:idea: Can you paste file paths as text so we can see the problem at hand?
The specific show that prompted the request...I already painstakingly went through (50 episodes) and got sorted out manually. 😅 If I run into another on my library cleanup, I'll post here about it, though.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Cheers. Please post file paths next time. That would give us much need context and allow us to understand the problem and figure out how best to solve it.