Use rename format in Episodes

Support for Windows users
cadtek

Use rename format in Episodes

Post by cadtek »

Hello, apologies if this is already in another post.

Is there a way to use the episode name format that's configured for the Rename functions to be used in the Episodes function? Where I can then save the episode name text in a preferred format.

For example, I have the episode rename format as "Julia.(2022) - S02E08 - Lobster.Américaine" however in Rename, it shows as "Julia - 2x08 - Lobster Américaine".
rednoah
The Source

Re: Use rename format in Episodes

Post by rednoah »

:?: What is your use case? What are you trying to achieve and for what purpose?

:idea: The Episodes tool does not support custom formatting. You can however send selected episodes to Rename or List for formatting if you want to rename files or generate lines of text and export text files.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
cadtek

Post by cadtek »

I have Filebot on my Windows machine (Windows Store version), and then I have episodes already on my linux box to rename. So instead of downloading them again, renaming, and uploading again, I was going to use the Episodes tool to export the name of the episodes in the right format to then just copy the line and rename the file over sftp.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:idea: You can use FileBot on your Linux box:
https://www.filebot.net/download.html

:idea: If your Linux box is headless, then you can still use FileBot on your headless box:
https://www.filebot.net/linux/docker.html

Screenshot

:!: You will not be able to utilize your Microsoft Store purchase on Linux though. You could use SMB / FTP / SFTP / SSHFS to access the remote Linux file system as Windows network share and then rename files remotely.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.