Issue with Windows Update Error Code 0x80070002

Support for Windows users
jesseholguin

Issue with Windows Update Error Code 0x80070002

Post by jesseholguin »

Hey everyone,

I'm facing a problem with my Windows update and I hope someone can help me out. Whenever I try to install the latest updatessmash karts, I keep getting an error code 0x80070002. It's been happening for a few weeks now, and it's really frustrating.

I've tried a few troubleshooting steps like running the Windows Update Troubleshooter, but it didn't fix the issue. I also tried resetting the Windows Update components using the command prompt, but that didn't work either.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this error? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by jesseholguin on 03 Feb 2024, 01:33, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Issue with Windows Update Error Code 0x80070002

Post by rednoah »

Sorry, no idea. Sounds like a generic Windows issue. Not much we can do about that, other than Google and suggesting to try this or that.

:idea: However, if the issue is specific to the *.msi installer not working, then we can suggest using the portable ZIP package instead, as to bypass any Windows OS / Windows Installer issues there may be:
https://www.filebot.net/download.html

:idea: Alternatively, you can factory reset your Windows device. That is almost guaranteed to solve the issue at hand (unless it's a hardware issue) but that would be my absolute last resort since setting things up again is time consuming. Might as well do that next time you get new hardware.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.