Font Size Solution

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
themezz

Font Size Solution

Post by themezz »

After all these years I still see no solution to the tiny font size in filebot
Has anyone solved this?

Yes I did a forum search but none of the solutions make sense or I just do not understand them.

All other software I use allows me to specify font setting in their preferences. Thank you for your time.

UPDATE->> I do not want to increase the size on anything but filebot.

Why doesn't FileBot doesn't have a built-in feature to directly adjust the font size within the application itself like every other program ?

https://imgur.com/a/toDfMfr

rednoah
The Source

Re: Font Size Solution

Post by rednoah »

Looks like standard 100% scale factor as far as text is concerned, but the icon looks strangely blurry. There's probably something strange going on, but we'd need a lot more context / information / non-default Windows settings you are using / etc to make an educated guess as to what might be going awry on your setup.

:idea: I would expect characters in FileBot to be about the same size as characters in Windows Explorer. I don't know any Windows program that allows you to set the font size (other than web browsers; for page rendering; not UI elements) but you can certainly set the Windows scale factor to 200% or 400% if you want all programs to scale nicely on a high-resolution display. FileBot is optimized for 100% and 200% scale factor.

:?: Does FileBot render fonts smaller than other applications? Do you want a bigger font size in FileBot but a smaller font size in Windows Explorer, and if so what is your reasoning? Would a fullscreen screenshot perhaps better illustrate the issue?

:idea: You may be able to force FileBot to scale at 200% while you keep Windows at 100% scale factor. See FileBot is tiny! How do I force a 200% UI scale factor? for details. For context, this is usually a Linux Desktop issue where FileBot does not inherit the correct scale factor from current Desktop environment and thus appears small compared to other application. But the same settings might also work on Windows to force a 200% scale factor specifically for FileBot.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.