TVDB for movies

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
fedelegrand

TVDB for movies

Post by fedelegrand »

Hi everyone.
I´ve been using filebot for few weeks and now i´m going to order and rename my movies but i´ve found something that is missing for me.
I´m using currently this format for the movies: {ny} [tvdb={tvdbid}] {vf}
Main issue here is that TVDB is not an option to match movies and i can´t get the id. I preffer to work with that DB, can you add it as an option?
Also, if there is any beta or other method to get the TVDB id, can you let me know?

Thank you.
rednoah
The Source

Re: TVDB for movies

Post by rednoah »

FileBot does not support and has never supported Movie Mode: TheTVDB since TheTVDB has only added support for movies rather recently. AFAIK, TheMovieDB takes care of everything and has long since taken over TheTVDB as default database in popularity for both movies and TV shows. The {tvdbid} binding therefore only ever works for Episode objects, and categorically does not work for Movie objects.

:!: Notably, TheMovieDB does not support external TheTVDB IDs for movies, so there's no way to make {tvdbid} work based on TheMovieDB information:
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/280-te ... ternal_ids

:?: Why do you prefer TheTVDB over TheMovieDB for movies? What is you reasoning? Do you have any specific use case / example at hand that illustrates the advantage of one over the other?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
fedelegrand

Post by fedelegrand »

Hi there.
Thank you for the response.
The idea behind this is use the same db for everything and mainly i preffer tvdb in this case but i can switch it for the movies.

Thank you again for your time.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

fedelegrand wrote: 20 Feb 2024, 07:01 The idea behind this is use the same db for everything
In that case, I would strongly recommend using TheMovieDB for everything.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.