Fetch newly added Episode information immediately (i.e. clear cache)

Any questions? Need some help?
cheaters

Fetch newly added Episode information immediately (i.e. clear cache)

Post by cheaters »

I remember there was a way to force FB to find a new entry in TMDB via a link... I think. I forgot to take notes :(

example... If I find that a new release can't be renamed because it's not in TMDB yet, and go to TMDB to add the episode, can I rename it immediately, or do I have to wait until the cache is refreshed in 24 hours?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Method to force rename via new TMDB addtion

Post by rednoah »

A client-side Clear Cache might work. There may also be some degree of server-side / edge caching.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
cheaters

Re: Fetch newly added Episode information immediately (i.e. clear cache)

Post by cheaters »

I remember we were highly discouraged from clearing cache. Does that cost real money when users are constantly clearing cache (i.e. pulling data via APIs = abusing usage quotas)?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Fetch newly added Episode information immediately (i.e. clear cache)

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote: 22 Sep 2014, 12:20 :!: DO NOT clear the cache unless you have a good reason for doing so. ONLY users that actively contribute to TheTVDB or TheMovieDB may clear the cache.
If you clear the cache after manually making changes to the database, then you're good, don't worry about it, you have good reason for doing so, as you are one of the users that actively contribute to TheTVDB or TheMovieDB.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.