PLEX not recognising correct episode

Any questions? Need some help?
Bexorcist

PLEX not recognising correct episode

Post by Bexorcist »

Hello,

I recently downloaded and renamed 'The Angry Video Game Nerd' season 2 and named it correctly with FIlebot to the correct TVDB naming scheme. My Plex seems to make a mistake because it recognises the first episodes as parts 1 and 2 while the first epiosded already contains those 2 parts. Episode one should be: S02E01 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III and episode 2 should be S02E02 Atari 5200. Instead it goes like this: S02E01 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III Part 1 S02E02 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III Part 2 and S02E03 Atari 5200, whcih is completely incorrect according to TVDB. Any way to fix this issue?
rednoah
The Source

Re: PLEX not recognising correct episode

Post by rednoah »

:?: Did you configure Plex to use TheTVDB or TheMovieDB?

:arrow: Please read the How do I organize files for Plex? guide:
rednoah wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 03:42 Match files against your preferred database. Make sure to use TheMovieDB and Airdate Order in both FileBot and your Plex library settings.

Screenshot

:!: DO NOT mix databases and episode orders within the same Plex library folder. DO create separate Plex libraries with your preferred library settings if you want to use different databases or episode orders for different files.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Bexorcist

Post by Bexorcist »

When selecting a match the only thing I can choose is 'Plex Series'. I never ever encountered any problems until now, only with this specific series. The copy of the series I have combines the first 2 episodes instead of splitting them like on TMDB. Should I just split them?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

:idea: The Plex Series metadata agent in Plex uses TheMovieDB by default. You therefore must match and name your files against TheMovieDB in FileBot. TheTVDB numbering and TheMovieDB numbering is identical in most cases, but can be completely different on some cases, depending on the series at hand. You therefore want to ensure that you're using the same database in both Plex and FileBot.

:?: Please post screenshots and sample file paths as text so that we can see what you can see, so that we can see the specific issue / series / file names at hand.

:idea: In general, if you have 1 file that contains 2 episodes, then you must name the file with S01E01-E02 as seen in the screenshot below:
Screenshot
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.