[SOLVED] Script works in cmdline, not in uTorrent

Any questions? Need some help?
Zer0Sequ3nce

[SOLVED] Script works in cmdline, not in uTorrent

Post by Zer0Sequ3nce »

First off, thanks for the awesome work!

I had this script working on my Win7 machine, but I just build a new rig and put Win8.1 on it. Now I can't get it to work. I have a Raspberry Pi running as an XBMC media center with an external hard drive attached to it. My computer (used to) download the torrents with uTorrent, and then Filebot would automatically rename and copy the file to the Pi's external hard drive, which I have mounted in Windows at "V:/".

Here's what I have uTorrent run:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "V:" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def music=n subtitles=en artwork=y "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"  --def xbmc=triton
Here is the error I get in my log:

Code: Select all

Parameter: music = n
Parameter: subtitles = en
Parameter: artwork = y
Parameter: ut_label = 
Parameter: ut_state = 5
Parameter: ut_title = Continuum.S03E06.PROPER.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD
Parameter: ut_kind = %K
Parameter: ut_file = 
Parameter: ut_dir = B:\Torrents\Continuum.S03E06.PROPER.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD
Parameter: xbmc = triton
Input: B:\Torrents\Continuum.S03E06.PROPER.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD\continuum.s03e06.proper.720p.hdtv.x264-2hd.mkv
Exclude: B:\Torrents\Continuum.S03E06.PROPER.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD\continuum.s03e06.proper.720p.hdtv.x264-2hd.nfo
Group: [tvs:continuum] => [continuum.s03e06.proper.720p.hdtv.x264-2hd.mkv]
Get [English] subtitles for 1 files
Looking up subtitles by filehash via OpenSubtitles
Looking up subtitles by name via OpenSubtitles
Fetching [Continuum.S03E06.HDTV.x264-2HD.srt]
Export [Continuum.S03E06.HDTV.x264-2HD.srt] as: SubRip / UTF-8
Writing [Continuum.S03E06.HDTV.x264-2HD.srt] to [continuum.s03e06.proper.720p.hdtv.x264-2hd.eng.srt]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [Continuum]
Fetching episode data for [Continuum]
Fetching episode data for [Continuum (Web Series)]
Auto-detected query: [Continuum]
Fetching episode data for [Continuum]
Fetching episode data for [Continuum (Web Series)]
[COPY] Rename [B:\Torrents\Continuum.S03E06.PROPER.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD\continuum.s03e06.proper.720p.hdtv.x264-2hd.mkv] to [V:\TV Shows\Continuum\Season 03\Continuum - S03E06 - Wasted Minute.mkv]
[COPY] Failed to rename [B:\Torrents\Continuum.S03E06.PROPER.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD\continuum.s03e06.proper.720p.hdtv.x264-2hd.mkv]
IOException: Failed to create folder: V:\TV Shows\Continuum\Season 03
Notify XBMC: triton
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
The weird part is, when I run that command in cmdline, it works perfectly. It sounds like a permissions issue to me, but then why would cmdline work? I have uTorrent run as administrator and in compatibility mode, but still no dice. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help,
Zer0
Last edited by Zer0Sequ3nce on 06 May 2014, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Script works in cmdline, not in uTorrent

Post by rednoah »

It's definitely a permissions issue. I suppose cmdline somehow runs with different credentials than when utorrent runs filebot. But these things are pretty random. Using FileBot 4.1 RC2 might help.

If it's a network drive use \\unc folder instead, if it's \\unc folder try a network drive, and check out all the other threads here and google. You just need to try lots of things.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Zer0Sequ3nce

Re: [SOLVED] Script works in cmdline, not in uTorrent

Post by Zer0Sequ3nce »

If anybody with the same issue comes across this thread, here's how I fixed it. Using the UNC path as rednoah suggested didn't work, but it got me thinking about alternate methods of calling the path to my network share.

I created a symlink on a local drive to my network share using the mkdir command in the cmd prompt (Syntax: mkdir /d Destination Source).

Hope that helps and thanks again to rednoah.

Zer0