[AMC] Sleeping on dir creation

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
PringlesCan

[AMC] Sleeping on dir creation

Post by PringlesCan »

Heya,

I'm working with a setup where files are symlinked from one location to an other, this in order to make it easier for Plex to recognise the files.

I'm running into a problem however where AMC/Filebot is too fast for it's own good.

I'm using Plex's fsevent support to automatically update Plex on file system changes; however Plex is only seeing the creation of the initial folder in my case Tv Shows/SERIES NAME. I'm guessing an equivalent of mkdir -p is being used so while the whole path might be "TV Shows/SERIES NAME/SEASON NAME/NAME.EXTENSION" Plex is not getting it because the creation is already done when the first subscriptions on the file system begin to watch said folder.

I was wondering if there is a way to hack up a small delay in the creation of the folders so that the Plex watchers have time to get caught up.

I know there is also a Plex notify option for AMC but in my case that won't work because I'm in a multi-plex environment with different ports and no authentication allowed from localhost.

Thanks in advance! :)
rednoah
The Source

Re: [AMC] Sleeping on dir creation

Post by rednoah »

Definitely no chance of me hacking in a delay. :D

But if you don't mind hacking the script you're welcome to define you're own rename functions which may or may not delay before or after processing files ;)
http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... =280#p1750
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
PringlesCan

Re: [AMC] Sleeping on dir creation

Post by PringlesCan »

That's awesome. I will take that route. Thanks for the advise :)

Is it possible to see the original rename implementation somewhere?