AMC Automation Question

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
skateboard34

AMC Automation Question

Post by skateboard34 »

Hello everyone,

I just downloaded FileBot and the AMC script and they both work great. Thanks so much for the awesome programs! I have a question that might be stupid. Whenever I download a torrent, the complete downloaded file goes into my download folder and then another copy of that file goes into the Media folder just like I want it to. Now that I have AMC set up, I do not need the files to go into my Download folder because now I have two copies of the same movie/TV show every time I download a torrent. Clearly, this will eventually limit the space on my hard drive. Am I doing something wrong? Is there an easy fix for this?

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Re: AMC Automation Question

Post by rednoah »

Where it says --action copy that's very you force it to copy:

Code: Select all

--action move|keeplink|symlink|hardlink
PS: you'll want to use --action hardlink
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
skateboard34

Post by skateboard34 »

Just to clarify, in the UTorrent settings for Run Program, do I replace --action copy with --action hardlink?

Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sure, but don't listen to me. Open cmd and try. ;)
skateboard34

Post by skateboard34 »

I tried replacing --action copy with --action hardlink but I am still getting duplicate files. Do I replace action with move so it would be --move hardlink? I am not very proficient in using the command line especially with FileBot.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you MOVE files you save space but can't seed them. If you COPY files you can seed them but waste space. If you HARDLINK files you save space and you can seed them but only works on the same filesystem for obvious reasons.

PS: You don't know what hardlinks are. So go find out what hardlinks are.
skateboard34

Post by skateboard34 »

Hello,

Sorry for reviving this thread like this but I have been using FileBot again and I am still having the same issue. I know what hardlinks are and how they need to be used in the same filesystem. However, I am still getting two files in two different places that are the same size when I try to use -action hardlink. I still want to seed the file. Clearly, this is not good and I would really appreciate some help. Thanks.
whitestrake

Post by whitestrake »

Hi skateboard34,

I think you missed the point of what a hardlink is and how it acts. Strictly speaking a hardlink will behave exactly as you have described and this is working as intended. Go ahead and reread the wikipedia entry or play around with hardlinks (mklink /H in Windows command prompt) to get a better understanding of how they work. Note that hardlinks are separate to symbolic or symlinks, in that symlinks are more or less glorified shortcuts.