Question about uTorrent and --def excludeList

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Hush7

Question about uTorrent and --def excludeList

Post by Hush7 »

Say for example I am downloading two torrent files at the same time:

The first one finishes and triggers the Filebot script which copies and renames the file, but a copy of the file remains in my "completed downloads" folder and continues seeding.

When the second torrent finishes and triggers Filebot again, does the script then run on both files or just the file that most recently finished downloading?

Is this where the "--def excludeList" command should be used to avoid reprocessing the first file that downloaded?

I'm only asking because I noticed that rednoah did not include that command for uTorrent in this thread http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215, but does mention it a little further down when talking about running from cmd.

Thanks to anyone for clarifying this in advance! I don't want to get banned.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Question about uTorrent and --def excludeList

Post by rednoah »

If you process two files at the same time, two java/filebot processes will be started. But since each filebot instance will lock the same log file only one will be active, and the other one will wait and do nothing until the first is done. So it's like a queue, processing one after another.

--def excludeList is only required if you run filebot/amc repeatedly on the same set of files (i.e. the same input arguments), but if uTorrent calls filebot then it'll pass along the path of the newly downloaded file/folder, so it'll only process this newly downloaded folder. So the arguments are different for each filebot call. See uTorrent Logger tab for details.

In the end it's just simple cmdline calls, so you can easily try yourself and see what's going on.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Hush7

Re: Question about uTorrent and --def excludeList

Post by Hush7 »

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply and for sorting this out for me!

Great work on the app too!