Script stopped working after updating (OS & Filebot) OSX/4.2

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
djwirk

Script stopped working after updating (OS & Filebot) OSX/4.2

Post by djwirk »

I was using a folder action script - I have no idea how I even got it working in the first place a year or so ago. In the last few months however it just has not been working at all. I am currently running OS X Yosemite Beta 3, and just today upgraded to FileBot 4.2, but I still can't get the script to run.

I have it set as a folder action, and I'm not sure if the syntax has changed with the new version of FileBot, if I need to do a modified version of the script with Yosemite or what.

I'm using it to rename TV shows that deluge downloads (I tried getting the scripts to work with that, but it never worked for me in the past so I ended up going with folder actions.)

Here is my script as I had it working before:

/Applications/Filebot.app/Contents/MacOS/filebot -rename ~/Downloads --output ~/Downloads/TV\ Shows --format "{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" --db thetvdb -non-strict --def artwork=y -r

Would appreciate any light anyone is able to shine on this.
Thank you in advance.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Script stopped working after updating (OS & Filebot) OSX

Post by rednoah »

It's filebot.sh now. You could easily have figured that out buy just running it from Console just once.

Also, your --def artwork options isn't doing anything. That's an amc script option.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
djwirk

Post by djwirk »

Thank you. I really am pretty dense when it comes to this, TBH I don't even know how to run this from console/(terminal?) - At any rate. Thank you very much. I added .sh and as you noted the --def artwork wasn't doing anything so I culled it.

It was dumb luck that I got the scrip to work in the first place, so thank you for helping me get it working again. Much appreciated.
djwirk

Post by djwirk »

I get that your reply was kind of talking down to me, but either way - I've appreciated this soft and while I LOVE it standalone, I am so thankful that I can scrip this. I wish I understood the scripting a little better, but at any rate. Thanks again. Submitted a donation.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, even I'd have a hard time programming blind like this, without output or error messages.

That's why you first prototype with Console, and once you get it running you just copy and paste. That's gonna be much less painful no matter if you know what you're doing or not. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.