Drag-n-drop not working in Windows 8.1

Any questions? Need some help?
gavatron

Drag-n-drop not working in Windows 8.1

Post by gavatron »

Hey Rednoah

I know this topic has been covered already here:

http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2017

but I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro (x64), my profile is administrator (not a user) and I am unable to drag and drop files from explorer. I have also installed the latest version of Java. I also run FileBot elevated as administrator.

I can add files through Load button in the GUI and rename through that. But really loved the convenience of dragging and dropping.

I've not experienced this problem at all until recently which is what I'm finding strange.

Any suggestions?

Thanks heaps for the great software and for any advice you can provide.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Drag-n-drop not working in Windows 8.1

Post by rednoah »

Maybe Windows 8.1 completely blocks DnD for admin users for some sort of security reason? Can you try different things and see what happens?

I'd say this is a generic issue and might apply to any other application as well. So you might get lucky on Google and find a work-around.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
gavatron

Post by gavatron »

Thanks for taking the time to reply rednoah, I appreciate it.

Funnily enough, this seemed to have only happened recently even prior to updating to 4.5/Java 8. While DnD was working a while ago in the version I had installed, all of a sudden it stopped and I figured maybe updating may result in rectifying the issue. Sorry I should've mentioned that in my original post.

It may perhaps be a recent Windows update that may have caused this issue? I'll Google-Fu and see if I find anything that helps and if so I will make sure I post back.

Thanks again!
gavatron

Post by gavatron »

Ok so after playing with the settings in Windows 8.1 Pro (x64) I found that if I don't run filebot.launcher.exe as administrator, this will allow dragging and dropping from Windows Explorer and then only prompt when renaming occurs.

Happy with that!

Cheers rednoah!