Rename folder and movies at the same time?

Any questions? Need some help?
ugotit

Rename folder and movies at the same time?

Post by ugotit »

Hello,

after I´ve read the faq I still didn´t find a answer to my problem. I have a huge Database of movies and I´d like to rename my folders and the movie inside at the same time.
I saw a example in the faq for this "X:/TV Shows/{n}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{e.pad(3)} - {t}" but that means that filebot creates new folders so I have them double then cause all off my movies are allready in its own folders.
I´d like to drop both my Movie folders and the movie at the same time into filebot to rename them once in the way I want it. Right now I have to drop the folder first to rename and then I rename the movie. If I follow the example it creates all new folders in that specific path so after process I would have them double and that means a extra high expenditure of time for me so I hope there is a easy way?

sorry for my english^^
skullzy
Power User

Re: Rename folder and movies at the same time?

Post by skullzy »

Take a look at this Rename Folders Too.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

1. Move files into new structure with FileBot
2. Delete old the structure but selecting the folder and pressing DEL
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ugotit

Post by ugotit »

thanks for reply my question guys but I still need time to understand this fine pice of work and especially the way these scripts are working. I never worked with these things and sometimes I had problems to understand cause the FAQ was sometimes incomprehensible so not really for rookies like me but the more experienced user, so my last 3 days where only reading and testing and my english is not the best too so it was a little bit hard.

....but I´m trying to learn cause this tool makes my life easier so now I did the way like I previously written at my first post and after that I run the cleaner script.

@rednoah

sorry but realy don´t understand youre second point. The first point is done like I wrote before "old structure was "D: /path/to/ " and now they all moved only to "D" and so the old structure /the old folders are going to be cleanend by the script. Is this that what you mean too?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You have 1 folder D:/Media full of TV Shows
You rename the folder to D:/Old_Media
You move/rename all files in D:/Old_Media into a new structure using a format like D:/Media/TV Shows/{n}/Season {s}/{sxe} - {t}
You delete the folder D:/Old_Media, and whatever may or may not be left inside at your own discretion
barry66

Post by barry66 »

Hi rednoah,

you have done a great job with filebot. I have seen quite a bit of talk about this on the forums although I havent seen the previous question address on here.. There are also a lot of people asking this on other sites but with no real resolution.

I am running filebot with filebot node on synology. After installing java all works and renames movies to the movie name and put the movie file in there.

My concern is that lets say it renames a folder to say "Titanic 2004" or whichever it may be, it still may have a filename that hasnt been renamed ie titanic_1080_etc.mkv within that.

I cannot see an option in the filebot node to rename media within the folder to the same as the folder name. Am i missing something. maybe have missed this?

Many Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot organizes files into a new folder structure. FileBot does not rename folders.

Please post some logs that show this issue.
barry66

Post by barry66 »

Hi rednoah,

See images, you can see it is working as expected.

1. takes my input folder
2. scans the movies
3. renames these folders into the output directory under Movies
4. As I have it set for copy only it keeps the original there.
5. Lastly you can see that even though it has renamed rock the kasbah folder, the MKV within hasnt been renamed.

Not, I can see there is a move and rename option, but only need to copy

Hope this explains it?

barry66

Post by barry66 »

log here.

Code: Select all

filebot -script 'fn:amc' '/volume1/newdownloads/filebot sorting' --output /volume1/newdownloads/filebotoutput --action copy -non-strict --conflict auto --lang en --def 'ut_label=movie' 'artwork=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'movieFormat=Movies/{n} {y}/{fn}' 'excludeList=.excludes' --log info --log-file '/volume1/@appstore/filebot-node/filebot.log'

------------------------------------------

[COPY] Rename [/volume1/newdownloads/filebot sorting/Addicted.to.Sexting.2015.DOCU.720p.WEB-DL.XviD.MP3-RARBG/Addicted.to.Sexting.2015.DOCU.720p.WEB-DL.XviD.MP3-RARBG.avi] to [/volume1/newdownloads/filebotoutput/Movies/Addicted to Sexting 2015/Addicted.to.Sexting.2015.DOCU.720p.WEB-DL.XviD.MP3-RARBG.avi]
[COPY] Rename [/volume1/newdownloads/filebot sorting/Addicted.to.Sexting.2015.DOCU.720p.WEB-DL.XviD.MP3-RARBG/Addicted.to.Sexting.2015.DOCU.720p.WEB-DL.XviD.MP3-RARBG.srt] to [/volume1/newdownloads/filebotoutput/Movies/Addicted to Sexting 2015/Addicted.to.Sexting.2015.DOCU.720p.WEB-DL.XviD.MP3-RARBG.srt]
MediaInfoException: Unable to load i386 native library libmediainfo.so: Could not initialize class net.filebot.mediainfo.MediaInfoLibrary
FileNotFoundException: http://webservice.fanart.tv/v3/movies/378263?api_key=780b986b22c35e6f7a134a2f392c2deb
[COPY] Rename [/volume1/newdownloads/filebot sorting/Black.Mass.2015.720p.BluRay.HebSubs.x264-BLOW/Black.Mass.2015.720p.BluRay.HebSubs.x264-BLOW.mkv] to [/volume1/newdownloads/filebotoutput/Movies/Black Mass 2015/Black.Mass.2015.720p.BluRay.HebSubs.x264-BLOW.mkv]
MediaInfoException: Unable to load i386 native library libmediainfo.so: Could not initialize class net.filebot.mediainfo.MediaInfoLibrary
[COPY] Rename [/volume1/newdownloads/filebot sorting/Chemsex.2015.DVDRip.x264-GHOULS/chemsex.2015.dvdrip.x264-ghouls.mkv] to [/volume1/newdownloads/filebotoutput/Movies/Chemsex 2015/chemsex.2015.dvdrip.x264-ghouls.mkv]
FileNotFoundException: http://webservice.fanart.tv/v3/movies/367513?api_key=780b986b22c35e6f7a134a2f392c2deb
[COPY] Rename [/volume1/newdownloads/filebot sorting/Daddys.Home.2015.TS.XviD.AC3-ETRG/Daddy's.Home.2015.TS.XviD.AC3-ETRG.avi] to [/volume1/newdownloads/filebotoutput/Movies/Daddy's Home 2015/Daddy's.Home.2015.TS.XviD.AC3-ETRG.avi]
[COPY] Rename [/volume1/newdownloads/filebot sorting/Our.Brand.Is.Crisis.2015.720p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG-Obfuscated/jzN2SrhISjk.mp4] to [/volume1/newdownloads/filebotoutput/Movies/Our Brand Is Crisis 2015/jzN2SrhISjk.mp4]
FileNotFoundException: http://webservice.fanart.tv/v3/movies/10317?api_key=780b986b22c35e6f7a134a2f392c2deb
[COPY] Rename [/volume1/newdownloads/filebot sorting/Rock.The.Kasbah.2015.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO/Rock.The.Kasbah.2015.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO.avi] to [/volume1/newdownloads/filebotoutput/Movies/Rock the Kasbah 2015/Rock.The.Kasbah.2015.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO.avi]

------------------------------------------

[Process completed]
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Movies are organized EXACTLY as per YOUR specification: Movies/{n} {y}/{fn}

{n} ... movie name
{y} ... movie year
{fn} ... current filename

Do not override the Movie Format (--def movieFormat option), unless you know what you're doing. Just leave it empty. I assure you will be very happy with the default behaviour. :D

You seem to be missing some dependencies, e.g. libmediainfo:

Code: Select all

@see viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1802

Also, you'll want to use Hardlink. You'll understand once you understand the difference between copying files and hardlinking files.

Is there some major usability issue with postimg.org or something? Because whenever people upload screenshots there, they only ever link the 180x120 pixel thumbnails which are too small to read, and thus useless.