BT Sync, Filebot and a slow connection

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
secs
Donor

BT Sync, Filebot and a slow connection

Post by secs »

Hi all.

Where I am in Australia I am limited on the speed of my internet connection. So whilst my seedbox on the other side of the world can download stuff in a matter of minutes, to get it to here may take hours. I use BTSync to copy files from my seed box to home then run the Filebot amc script across that directory.

In testing I have had Filebot work over a directory that hasnt had all the files arrive yet and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a method of telling filebot when a directory has completed being synced and all the files are there?

That way I can start running the script using cron

Regards, P
rednoah
The Source

Re: BT Sync, Filebot and a slow connection

Post by rednoah »

I highly discourage calling filebot on partially complete sets of files. It'll mess with auto-detection. Also move/copy naturally won't work, though you might get lucky with using hardlink if the read/write locks are an issue.

It's best to call filebot only on completed files, after completion. Not sure if your sync solution supports that.

Alternatively some people are simply doing a call to rsync overnight followed by a call to filebot.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
secs
Donor

Post by secs »

Yep thats my problem. I realise that running on a partially complete set of files is not desirable and hence my question if anyone can suggested how to detect if its still syncing. I suspect the same with Rsync unless it returns a finished signal. I have never played with it before
secs
Donor

Post by secs »

Hey had a brainwave. Well maybe

I would need help with this to put it in a script but.

My downloads come into a directory

/filesfromseed/complete

BTsync creates sub directories under here

Could I create a script that monitors the directoruies under this one and when no changes have been made in 24 hours, call filebot passing the directory namew to it? So if the directory is being synced, the files etc would continue to change

I know its not infalable and my files could effectively sit there for up to a day but to me it seems like it would do.

Thoughts anyone?
regards, P
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Find this on some other thread. I mean running a script like this every other day over night, having rsync sync files and then filebot organize them.

Code: Select all

#/bin/sh
echo $(date) >> /volume1/scripts/sync.log

rsync -a -v --progress --partial --human-readable -e 'ssh -T -o Compression=no -i /volume1/scripts/SSH_KEY_FILE' username@server:/home/username/files/complete /volume1/sync/ --log-file /volume1/scripts/sync.log

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/volume1/Media" --action duplicate -non-strict "/volume1/sync" --def excludeList=/volume1/scripts/amc.excludes unsorted=y --log-file /volume1/scripts/sync.log
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
secs
Donor

Post by secs »

Thanks for that. I am on night shift for a few days but I will give it a go and see how we go. I will report back on progress and let you all know.

Regards, P
secs
Donor

Post by secs »

Another thought.

Does BTSync (as I have it running now) or Rsync transfer/select files alphebetically? What I mean is will it select files alphebetically ordered and how does it reflect on the subdirectories? I was thinking about running a script after each torrent or NZB is finished that simply creates a file in the root directory like zzzzzzzz.zzzzzzzz and as such, if that was the last file to be transfered, then when that file appears at the local side, Filebot could run. Not sure though if either transfer method does the subdirectories first or last. If last, then my idea is out the window :-( I will have to go and have a look at the forums for BTSync

Regards, P