Scheme for splitting Anime from TV Shows and Movies?

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
shawly

Scheme for splitting Anime from TV Shows and Movies?

Post by shawly »

Hey guys,

I wanted to know how I can detect if the Episode is an Anime or a TV Show

I want to have it like this:

Code: Select all

\\NAS\Anime\Beelzebub\Beelzebub - S01E01 - I Picked up The Devil King [TMD][1280x720][x264][AAC]

\\NAS\TV Shows\Game of Thrones\Season 1\Game of Thrones - S01E01 - Winter is Coming [1280x720][x264][AAC]
My current expression format:

Code: Select all

{n}/{n} - {episode.special || episode.season ? s00e00 : 'S01E'+e.pad(2)} - {t} {'['+group+']'}[{resolution}][{vc}][{ac}]]
I use "episode.special || episode.season" as a workaround so Animes which don't have a season when scraped with AniDB get renamed with S01Exx and specials like OVAs and normal TV shows work with s00e00.

The thing I don't really seem to figure out is how I can check if it is an Anime or a TV show, since the Filebot GUI doesn't differentiate between Anime and TV Shows.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Scheme for splitting Anime from TV Shows and Movies?

Post by rednoah »

1)
Anime don't have season numbers. So in the format you can check if an episode is an Anime or not by checking if episode.season is defined.

2)
You can't split Anime from TV Shows if you're already processing them as one or another. If you select TheTVDB it's a TV Series. If you select AniDB it's an Anime episode.

This is a decision that you have to make, and depending on your setup you may or may not be able to automate it.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.