Opensubtitles alternative (option): search on other websites

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
rednoah
The Source

Re: Opensubtitles alternative (option): search on other webs

Post by rednoah »

Please point me to the API documentation. Otherwise there's really no point.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I had a look at SUBDB years ago. At the time it was completely useless since I couldn't find any subtitles for any of the things I've tested.

Also their hash function is broken by design. It's the same as OpenSubtitles which inherited it from the original MPC. But SUBDB uses [HASH] while OpenSubtitles uses [HASH, FILESIZE] so naturally there'll be a lot less hash collisions.

So inferior content and inferior technology. Not interested in spending time on that. At this point I'd rather spend time on making OpenSubtitles better for the lack of viable alternatives. :D
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, until I'm convinced otherwise I will tell everyone that complains about lack of certain subtitles on OpenSubtitles to use FileBot to upload them (with hash and metadata) and thus help the community.

Providing software for "free" I sympathize with OpenSubtitles to find a viable business model with their "free" service. Things cost money. Development time, servers, etc these things cost money. Nobody at OpenSubtitles is making serious money, break even at best... plus it's pretty much one single guy.