File .ecludes help

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
panda78

File .ecludes help

Post by panda78 »

hi all ,

in my scenario filebot run this script created with filebot node

filebot -script 'fn:amc' /volume1/homes/admin/Downloads/ToProcess --output /volume1/homes/admin/Downloads/Media --action move --conflict auto --lang it --def 'artwork=y' 'subtitles=ita' 'clean=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'excludeList=.excludes' --log all --log-file '/volume1/@appstore/filebot-node/filebot.log'

i don t understand .excludes functionality.
When i launch the script for the first time all work correct but after the script skip all files in input path.
I have to delete .excludes file every time to move and rename my files

Why? where i wrong ?

thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: File .ecludes help

Post by rednoah »

It'll only skip the exact file paths that have been processed previously. The excludeList file does not affect file paths that have never been processed by the amc script.

If you're processing the exact same file path multiple times, then the excludeList will stop you from doing that. But why would you do that?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
panda78

Post by panda78 »

rednoah wrote:It'll only skip the exact file paths that have been processed previously. The excludeList file does not affect file paths that have never been processed by the amc script.

If you're processing the exact same file path multiple times, then the excludeList will stop you from doing that. But why would you do that?
i try to explain , sorry for bad english

i have just reinstall all on my synology and when i launch this script :

filebot -script 'fn:amc' /volume1/homes/admin/Downloads/ToProcess --output /volume1/homes/admin/Downloads/Media --action move --conflict auto --lang it --def 'artwork=y' 'subtitles=ita' 'clean=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'excludeList=.excludes' --log all --log-file '/volume1/@appstore/filebot-node/filebot.log'

filebot not rename my files. If i look into .excludes file i can see exactly the list of files in input directory , and my output folder is empty

i can't understand how filebot work sorry for my bad skills :(

the target is run a fb script that rename files into on directory every 1 hour to organize my media but i have more difficulties
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The excludeList will not stop you from processing new files. It may stop you from testing with the same file paths repeatedly. During real usage, you will never process the same path twice.

Your command looks good. It's already working. Just use it as it is. It'll work once you put new files into your ToProcess folder.

If you have issues, then you need to submit the logs. The command-line call is nice, but the output of the command-line call if much more important if something is not working.

Help wrote:Include the output of filebot -script fn:sysinfo
You still haven't told me what CPU architecture / amount of RAM your device has:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1868

If my Java Installer doesn't work, then your hardware is probably to weak/old to run filebot well.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.