Basic Setup

Support for Windows users
Horak

Basic Setup

Post by Horak »

I am by no means an expert, I couldn't figure out the basics and spent hours and hours yesterday. Came up with a solution that kind of works and would like to share and get anyone who thinks they can make it better to help.

1) Was kind of hard to find the filebot help, you guys might consider having more help flags in the cli -? -h --help would be a great start. I eventually found it using google and crawling the web site.
2) Did not realise you didn't need to download the amc script, the help page is good but could be better. For e.g. you *can* leave out the destination folder in lieu of the --def command for different media types and thus locations. The problem with this is that is doesn't use default naming, you then have to figure out the best way to handle it.

So this was born:

Testing on the command line

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --action test --conflict skip -non-strict "./" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt unsorted=y pushbullet=mypushbulletid subtitles=en,es clean=y "seriesFormat=G:/TV/{n}/{n} - {episode.special ? 'S00E'+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, /'/).replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replacePart(', Part $1')}{'.'+lang}" "animeFormat=G:/TV/{n}/{n} - {episode.special ? 'S00E'+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, /'/).replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replacePart(', Part $1')}{'.'+lang}" "movieFormat=F:/Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}){' CD'+pi}{'.'+lang}"
Command for Vuze

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt unsorted=y pushbullet=mypushbulletid subtitles=en clean=y "seriesFormat=G:/TV/{n}/{n} - {episode.special ? 'S00E'+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, /'/).replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replacePart(', Part $1')}{'.'+lang}" "animeFormat=G:/TV/{n}/{n} - {episode.special ? 'S00E'+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, /'/).replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replacePart(', Part $1')}{'.'+lang}" "movieFormat=F:/Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y}){' CD'+pi}{'.'+lang}" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"

So now I am at the stage where I don't understand any other options for --action except move and copy.

Things to do:

1) Figure out how to delay Vuze Command Runner after the torrent is finished so Speed Scheduler can stop the seed and I can use --action move instead.
2) Figure out how I can delete the torrent in Vuze after it has been successfully processed by AMC.

Things that would be nice:

1) AMC could push me the actions taken successfully & the failures rather than just listing the files processed, I am especially interested in whether it was successful in getting subs.

This is one of the best solutions I have used to organise files, if it works out in the mid term I will be donating to the cause, I want to make sure it will be suitable for me first. Thanks goes to Red Noah so far and whoever wrote FileBot if it wasn't him/her.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Basic Setup

Post by rednoah »

Why did you think that you had to download anything? How can the manual be improved?

--output is not optional. Even if you don't use relative formats, --output may still be used for certain temporary files. If --output is not defined, then it will default to the current working directory which can change and lead to unexpected behaviour.

You should not use --action move because that's just not how bittorrent works. The right way to do things is having everything on the same filesystem and using hardlinks to create duplicate file entries that don't take additional disk space.

I'd pass complex arguments via @file arguments:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3244
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Horak

Re: Basic Setup

Post by Horak »

As I said, I am no expert and usually when you want to do something on windows it requires a download and install. I know you are a Unix guy but it literally took me a few hours just to figure out how to call AMC.

I would have benefited from an "idiot's guide". Something that starts with installation and then rolls downward, for e.g. I didn't know anything about filebot so I just assumed when I found the link to AMC that filebot was a forum site for AMC and it was integrated. So maybe it could start with:

1) To use AMC script to organise media, you will need to install filebot (download link)
2) You will need java, we recommend you install the same version as filebot e.g. 32b or 64b
3) You can use scripts that are hosted but you should be careful of being blacklisted. (Link to jump to that article)
4) You can kick the script off using several methods - cron, scheduler or you can integrate it with third party applications such as Vuze or uTorrent.
>>>The rest of your documentation from here on your AMC page is perfectly understandable after this imo.

Please don't take offense, this was just my personal journey.

Anyway, back to my usage and why I am asking for help. I don't seed so I stop the torrent as soon as it has been finished but Vuze kicks the script before it has been stopped by another plugin. I definitely want to move the data because the drive I download to isn't big enough to store my libraries, I have libraries on 3 different drives.