Help for accurate tv shows name detection

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Lukeid
Power User

Help for accurate tv shows name detection

Post by Lukeid »

Hello,

I use a script to run Filebot in cli mode and I would like to have some tips to be able to get proper tv shows name.

Currently I use the folowing command:
filebot -rename "$dir"/* --db "TheTVDB" --lang es --q "$dir" --format "$fb_format" --encoding utf8 -non-strict

$dir is the directory where the files are stored but also is the name of the tv show. I can modify it freely before running Filebot.

This usually works great, but there are some tv shows that are not recognized properly. For example "The Catch", Filebot decide that correct tv show is "The Catch (UK)" with is not correct.

I've been able to force the correct name using --filter option, but as it is in a script I would prefer other option, like renaming in advance tv show name to something that --q option can use.

I would like to know if there is any way to help Filebot to select the correct one, for example providing the tv show ID used in TheTVDB or the year of the show or something like this. Then I could rename it from "The Catch" to "The Catch 2016" or wathever. I've already tried to include year and tv show ID with no luck.

Thanks in advance.
Lukeid
rednoah
The Source

Re: Help for accurate tv shows name detection

Post by rednoah »

Have you tried the latest revision? It should pick the result that more closely matches your query. However, only the filter option allows you to exactly specify which show you allow and which you do not allow.

In the filter you can filter by name/year/id if you want. However, on TheTVDB the name already is a unique ID so using the numeric ID doesn't give you any benefit.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Lukeid
Power User

Post by Lukeid »

Hello,

I'm ussing FileBot 4.6.1 (r3316) version. I think is the latest one, I download it from http://sourceforge.net/projects/filebot ... ileBot.jar because I run it in a Synology NAS:

Code: Select all

FileBot 4.6.1 (r3316)
JNA Native: 4.0.1
MediaInfo: MediaInfoLib - v0.7.64
7-Zip-JBinding: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: net.sf.sevenzipjbinding.SevenZip.nativeGetVersionMajor()I
Chromaprint: fpcalc version 1.1.0 (fpcalc)
Extended Attributes: OK
Groovy Engine: 2.4.5
JRE: Java(TM) SE Embedded Runtime Environment 1.8.0_06 (headless)
JVM: 32-bit Java HotSpot(TM) Embedded Client VM
CPU/MEM: 2 Core / 118 MB Max Memory / 10 MB Used Memory
Package: SPK
Data: /volume1/@appstore/filebot/data
uname: Linux DS414j 3.2.40 #5644 SMP Wed Jan 20 22:38:46 CST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux synology_comcerto2k_ds414j
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
The problem is that, in this case, I specify "The Catch" as the name, but it fetch data from three tv shows:
Fetching episode data for [The Catch]
Fetching episode data for [The Catch (UK)]
Fetching episode data for [After the Catch]

And (I dont know why) sometimes decide that the correct one is "The Catch (UK)". So my idea was to provide some extra information like year or ID to help somehow to choose the correct one. Because the exact name doesn't seem to be enought.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Lukeid
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The jar you linked is currently r3894 but your sysinfo output says r3316. Please try the latest revision first and see if that makes a difference.
Lukeid
Power User

Post by Lukeid »

That worked. Thank you very much.

But now I'm confused because I used to update the .jar when Filebot inform me that there is a new version, something like:
--- UPDATE AVAILABLE: FileBot 4.6.1 (r3312) ---

But it didn't say so with my current version, not since november when I updated from 4.6 (r3052) to 4.6.1 (r3316).

Thank you in any case.

Best regards,
Lukeid
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

r3312 is the latest stable release. That was a few months ago. The --q changes were made a few week ago, so you'll need the latest jar / test version / beta / nightly / whatever. ;)