Copy to text or clipboard

Support for Windows users
allratings

Copy to text or clipboard

Post by allratings »

Is there a way to copy the output to a text file rather than renaming the files? I just want to create a list of all of my movies instead of changing the names (which I have already done with this great program). I am wanting a text file list with the genre and rating (I already know the command line code).

Thanks in advance,

Darin
rednoah
The Source

Re: Copy to text or clipboard

Post by rednoah »

I guess this use case is kinda what the List panel is for. Drop your files, copy & paste as text.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
allratings

Post by allratings »

Thanks for the quick reply, but what I want is to be able to copy and paste the output and not the input. In other words instead of renaming the files I would like the new names in a text format.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

{fn} is the filename, so it'll display the filename. If you want the metadata object then you can use use {xattr} to display that.

Note that xattr metadata is set by FileBot when files are renamed, so it won't work on files that have not been processed by FileBot and thus don't have xattr set.
allratings

Post by allratings »

Again thanks. I just ended up writing a quick app to make fake mkv files which I can then process and rename to get my desired results.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, that means you're wasting TheMovieDB resources. When renaming files filebot will store all metadata as xattr, so that all the information you could want is always readily available, and there is absolutely no reason to waste TheMovieDB resources for that.