Copying to Disk Problem

Support for Windows users
pranjal3029

Copying to Disk Problem

Post by pranjal3029 »

Hello all,

I am using the GUI Version of FileBot(4.7) and recently used it to rename a 1080p episode from BATV(GOT S06E03)(somewhere around 3.5GB)(Piracy is how I get to watch it). Now when I copied the renamed file to a FAT32 flash drive, the file copied with the warning that some properties will be lost. When I agree, the file copies like normal but the copied file doesn't have anything in it. I mean the file(occupying the same amount of storage) is there, but MediaInfo for that file shows up as blank and no media player plays it. Even my TV refuses to play the file. I have copied files to this flash drive before with the same error but this file just won't play. Any help?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Copying to Disk Problem

Post by rednoah »

There's little FileBot can do if Windows Explorer doesn't copy files right. Are you still on XP or something? There shouldn't be issues like that on newer Windows versions.

If the NTFS Extended Attributes feature that FileBot uses is an issue, than you can turn that off via the *.ini files.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
pranjal3029

Post by pranjal3029 »

I used a temporary fix, that is to use an external NTFS HDD but I noticed now that the file when copied till the end(1.5MB Left) takes a whole lot of time just to complete it. I am thinking that is because of the aforementioned extended attributes. Now the question remains, how do I delete the previously renamed file's extended attributes without harming the video file itself?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can use the xattr script to view or remove EAs.
pranjal3029

Post by pranjal3029 »

rednoah wrote:You can use the xattr script to view or remove EAs.
Where can I find this "xattr" script? How do I execute this script?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »