[qbittorrent 3.3.5] stopped working?

Support for Windows users
soupy

[qbittorrent 3.3.5] stopped working?

Post by soupy »

Hey everyone

Running this script

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/path/to/media" --action duplicate --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.excludes unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_dir=%F" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L"

noticed since my update to qbittorrent 3.3.5 and my plex server to 1.0 not sure which but it has stopping running this script when the loads finish, any ideas?
also running windows 10

Thanks
soupy

Re: stopped working?

Post by soupy »

I downgraded to 3.3.3 and it works fine, I noticed C:\Users\Media PC\Documents\Downloads by default in 3.3.5 add's a back / and reverts back to it by default even if you edit it.

Thinking that's the problem.

Edit *** VVersion 3.3.4 works also
soupy

Re: [qbittorrent 3.3.5] stopped working?

Post by soupy »

Tested 3.3.6 same issues qbittorrent wont save it without the \ so it doesn't work with file bot properly, stick with 3.3.4 for now I guess
soupy

Post by soupy »

I posted this on qbittorrent issues thread in github
And got this reply. Hoping to see if I can get any update so I can upgrade my version of qbittorrent

That's kinda half an issue of filebot then because windows does actually not care about which slash it is, both work for it, in the explorer atleast.
And as I remember does it not matter in .Net programming either, so filebot might need to get a fix?

As for the reason of the trailing slash, that's how windows get's told it's a folder and not a file without an extension, so if filebot has issues with that then it definitely has an issue I'd say.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot and Java treat / and \ equally for file paths. But \ is used as separator as well as escape character in CMD, so I guess your command-line is wrong.

You provide ZERO logs, commands, or anything that could tell me what's actually happening, so I'm guessing here. ;)

If you run this command:

Code: Select all

MyProgram.exe "C:\folder\"
Then CMD will pass this argument to the application:

C:\folder\"
This folder does not exist and it'll fail. There is nothing FileBot can do when the arguments you give FileBot when you start FileBot are broken.

Passing C:\folder\ or C:\folder would work perfectly fine. Both are valid file paths for the same folder as far as FileBot is concerned.

@see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1899
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
soupy

Post by soupy »

rednoah wrote:FileBot and Java treat / and \ equally for file paths. But \ is used as separator as well as escape character in CMD, so I guess your command-line is wrong.

You provide ZERO logs, commands, or anything that could tell me what's actually happening, so I'm guessing here. ;)

If you run this command:

MyProgram.exe "C:\folder\"
Then CMD will pass this argument to the application:

C:\folder\"
This folder does not exist and it'll fail. There is nothing FileBot can do when the arguments you give FileBot when you start FileBot are broken.

Passing C:\folder\ or C:\folder would work perfectly fine. Both are valid file paths for the same folder as far as FileBot is concerned.

@see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1899
Sorry I didn't post logs I just tested and new the issues was the back slash I run the script recommended. What do I need to change?

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/path/to/media" --action duplicate --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.excludes unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_dir=%F" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L"
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That's not the command that qbittorrent executes. What's the command that is actually executed after all the variables have been replaced?
soupy

Post by soupy »

rednoah wrote:That's not the command that qbittorrent executes. What's the command that is actually executed after all the variables have been replaced?
Sorry I am confused all I have done it copy and paste this within qbittorrent as per the forums tutorial

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please read the Troubleshooting section for troubleshooting advice.

Basic command-line skills are helpful when relying on the command-line tools. Otherwise I recommend sticking to the GUI.
soupy

Post by soupy »

I re installed verson 3.3.6 of qbittorrent the issues are the folders selected within torrent program always add a backslash on the end it will not let you change it. I see from previous notes the files can't end in backslash which is my issue. If i change my path/to/media do you think that will help? No issues on the older version, I posted my log but it doesn't so much just shows the fear the walking dead doesn't do much in the new version of qbittorrent.

viewtopic.php?t=215

http://pastebin.com/VGD6YiVR

I am sorry for so many replies I seems to me its qbittorrents issues but the github said it probably filebot I thank you again for your help thus far and will be looking to donate.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Link for corresponding GitHub issue?

The log in pastebin looks good. It's also incomplete. What's the problem?

FileBot doesn't care if a path ends with backslash. If that is indeed what you pass in.

Users that don't understand how CMD works are likley to pass a path that ends with double quotes.

Using backslashes when you don't understand what "escaping" means can be troublesome, that's why I recommend not using backslashes on the command line at all to avoid this issue. This is just something you have to know when using CMD or bash and has nothing to do with FileBot specifically.
soupy

Post by soupy »

rednoah wrote:1.
Link for corresponding GitHub issue?

The log in pastebin looks good. It's also incomplete. What's the problem?

FileBot doesn't care if a path ends with backslash. If that is indeed what you pass in.

Users that don't understand how CMD works are likley to pass a path that ends with double quotes.

Using backslashes when you don't understand what "escaping" means can be troublesome, that's why I recommend not using backslashes on the command line at all to avoid this issue. This is just something you have to know when using CMD or bash and has nothing to do with FileBot specifically.
This is only response I got on the github

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... -243009597

It's weird though the log for fear the walking dead just stopped half way it doesn't move any files or even load the CMD to show the files moving when there done. qbittorrent folder is set with a / at the end but when it's removed it works fine. Can we re make the script so it's work with a back slash? I am new to this but I am almost certain that is the cause of this concern after all my testing. Unless you want to try for yourself ? Thanks again for the replies
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You're doing something wrong. Maybe filebot is still running and that's why the log is incomplete.

Since we're talking about / and not \ this whole topic until now was misleadingly. Trailing / is most certainly not an issue.

What you're asking for is definitely working out of the box. The logs don't show any error neither.

Learn how to use the amc script from the command line without qBT and see what happens.

Both FileBot and qBT work perfectly fine. This thread is closed.