Feature Request: User Presets As Buttons In Center Pane

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
alutian

Feature Request: User Presets As Buttons In Center Pane

Post by alutian »

First up: FileBot works. (Faint praise, but when things really work we don't appreciate them! :oops: )

Drag'n'Drop, Select'n'Click-Preset, Click-Rename

A complex task is made simple by good programming. I have never had a problem... OK, on rare occasions it can't find a particular film, but that is down to the database not FileBot.

I have two Presets set up, one for films, one for TV shows. I have to click on the 'Preset' button and select the required preset every time.

It is not a real problem, just vaguely irritating. I sit there and see the empty space in the center pane below the 'Match' and 'Rename' buttons and think...

If Only... :idea:

Present the top three user defined presets as buttons underneath the 'Rename' button. Three is probably as many as most would use regularly, and, of course, the drop-down menu could still be used to access further scripts.

Drag'n'Drop, Click-Preset, Click-Rename

Just that little bit easier, slicker...
rednoah
The Source

Re: Feature Request: User Presets As Buttons In Center Pane

Post by rednoah »

People asked for extra TheTVDB / TheMovieDB one-click buttons under the Rename button, but I gave them the Presets button instead. :P

I prefer keeping UI elements as simple and functional as possible. People have asked for all kinds of extra buttons just to reduce 2-3 clicks to 1 click and while it'd be nice I wouldn't really wanna make UI feel any more cluttered / complex / ugly than it needs to be.

How would you feel about mapping Presets to F3 to F8 as keyboard shortcuts?

What's better than 1-2 clicks? 0 clicks! If things aren't streamlined enough with the Presets button yet, then I recommend complete automation with the amc script (e.g. like this).

EDIT:

FileBot r4214 will map your Presets to keystroke 1 to 9 (so you can use the numpad to call presets).
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.