Is there anyone who does script writing on here for others

Support for Windows users
Olympus2208

Is there anyone who does script writing on here for others

Post by Olympus2208 »

hi

i am a long time filebot user, but i have never tried to get the whole automated media center up and running, i am just curious if there are any people on here who do it for $$$

thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: Is there anyone who does script writing on here for others

Post by rednoah »

Depends on the amount of $$$ and I don't do it for cheap. That being said, doing it yourself is pretty easy, so I'd try that first. ;)

@see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Olympus2208

Post by Olympus2208 »

ok i am happy to give it a whirl if you think it is a breeze, if i am using the current script i am confused as to where/what i would add to get it to remove all the remaining files (unpacked files after copy and rar files) and then move it to 1 of multiple drives for TV and 1 of multiple drives for Movies?

any assistance to get me moving in the right direction would be great thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Read the manual:
Options wrote:--def deleteAfterExtract=y Delete archives after extraction
--def clean=y Automatically remove empty folders and clutter files that may be left behind after moving the video files, or temporary extracted files after copying

However, the destination path for each individual file is completely up to you if you pass in a custom format. Read the Change how files will be organized and renamed section for details.

There are examples that can get you started, e.g. Sort into multiple drives based on initial letter.

:idea: Having multiple drives but not using them as a single filesystem (i.e. RAID, Storage Spaces, etc) is generally a bad idea. If you have multiple hard drives that are always connected then it's best to combine them into a single filesystem.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.