[AniDB] {s00e00} binding takes a long time or just doesn't work

Support for Windows users
galactica12

[AniDB] {s00e00} binding takes a long time or just doesn't work

Post by galactica12 »

Hey guys! So I've read a bunch of topics on this matter, but almost all solutions are buy this program on the Windows App Store (which I have and can provide proof if needed), or to install 64-bit Java, which seems to not be needed on the App Store version.

Basically, since today randomly when I add anything to the right panel, it looks like http://imgur.com/a/4AQkE and doesn't properly rename. The files at the top do when I hit rename, but the ones with the hourglass do not. I looked into the hourglass and found nothing on it, but I could have missed something. Thanks guys.

EDIT: Through more searching, I guess the hour glass means it is returning the proper naming format, so I'm not certain what steps to do from there. Also, my log is reporting the "(New file name) has not been formatted yet" message.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Rename Error

Post by rednoah »

What format are you using?

The hourglass indicates that it's still evaluating your format. Simple formats like {episode} will be extremely fast, but if you use bindings that access the internet for additional information, then it may take a long time.

Most likely, you're using the {s00e00} binding in your format, which will access TheTVDB for SxE information (AniDB only knowns absolute numbers). TheTVDB is currently having issues and most request will probably wait for a long time and then just time out.

You can use {e} or {absolute} in your format if you want to use AniDB episode numbers. Or you can try TheMovieDB (Episode Mode) if you want SxE information. If you wait until tomorrow, it'll probably just work again. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
galactica12

Re: [AniDB] {s00e00} binding takes a long time or just doesn't work

Post by galactica12 »

Oh, awesome. I did notice in the logs that TheTVDB was timing out. Just out of curiosity, why does TheTVDB being slow affect receiving information from AniDB? Am I normally pulling the SxE info from TheTVDB without realizing when I'm using AniDB?

Oh, also. Can confirm that changing to {e} fixes said problem. My format was the default {n} - {s00e00} - {t}. Figured I'd post that in case anybody else was having issues.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You're using the {s00e00} binding. That indicates that you want S01E01 naming. Older versions of FileBot would just give you E01 because Anime don't have seasons, but newer versions will cross-reference with TheTVDB and make things work the way you probably intend to, if possible, for better or worse.

So getting information from AniDB is fast. But getting additional information from TheTVDB during formatting is slow / doesn't work while TheTVDB is down.

If you use "Absolute Order" then FileBot will never check TheTVDB if you're using AniDB. If you use "Airdate Order" or "DVD Order" then FileBot will get the SxE numbers from TheTVDB (if there is an exact match by series/anime name and absolute number) as necessary.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
galactica12

Post by galactica12 »

Awesome! Thanks for the help and the explanation!