How to rename Folders on Network Drive

Support for Windows users
juleskeeper

How to rename Folders on Network Drive

Post by juleskeeper »

I have all my full copied DVD movies on my Windows Home Server. Can I just rename the Folder only on a network drive?

I've tried mapping a network drive and then dragging the movie folder over to FileBot, but it didn't work.

My desired outcome is: \Movies\Alien (1979)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO. I do not wish to rename any of the files, but only the Folder name. I'm doing this for Emby Media Server. Let me know if you have questions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
rednoah
The Source

Re: How to rename Folders on Network Drive

Post by rednoah »

If you drop in /Movies or /Movies/Alien (1979) then FileBot will auto-detect disk folders and process them as a single unit.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
juleskeeper

Post by juleskeeper »

Here is the current path for the storage location for my movies:
\\<Server_Name>\Blu-ray and DVD Rips\Movies

I was using "My Movies" when I originally copied my DVDs to the Home Server. I have over 1,500+ movies. As a result, here is an example of a folder name:
50 First Dates [Main Feature]

Instead, I was hoping FileBot could rename the folder to "50 First Dates (2004)" [Movie_Title + (Year Released)] - this is what the Emby Media Server is expecting so it can properly scrape the metadata.

The other dilemma I'm having here is that I'm unsuccessful in dragging movie folder from my network shares to FileBot. Nothing happens. Does FileBot support Network Shares?

Thanks for your help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It seems you have trouble with network shares. Experiment with local files first so you can get a feel for how FileBot works. What you're trying is a very basic use case and fully supported.

If you have network share issues, then try Google and skim through the first 10-20 results. Make sure permissions are ok. Make sure that the user running FileBot is the same as the one is mounting the share. Try network drives if UNC paths don't work and vice versa. Restart your computer. Unmap and then map the network drive again. Etc.

Windows network shares can be finicky. Unfortunately not something FileBot can do anything about. It should work, and if it doesn't then it's a Windows issue that could by caused by anything and random googling, trial and error will usually lead to a solution.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.